• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers - Baltimore Ravens Joint Practice 1

Zod

21 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

So it doesn't matter an NFL team can't sell the QB1 jerseys....Tepper on line 1

No it does not matter. The NFL has a revenue sharing model in a license agreement with Nike and New Era. This means that ALL NFL apparel, no matter the team, that is sold is split across all teams. The only team that is not within this revenue sharing model is the Cowboys. They are considered "Whoelsellers" of their brand and product. Cowboys actually own their own warehouse and distrubutor of their prioduct, so they are not obligated to share their apparel revenue with the NFL or other teams. 

So I highly doubt Tepper care about jersey sales via Nike, because he only gets a small slice of the pie. This is why you see other types of apparel outside of Nike/New Era, pushed by NFL teams. They actually get the majority of the pie as opposed to jersey sales.

shooting star GIF

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

That reminds me, I need to get a CMC jersey. I was supposed to get one last season.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

No it does not matter. The NFL has a revenue sharing model in a license agreement with Nike and New Era. This means that ALL NFL apparel, no matter the team, that is sold is split across all teams. The only team that is not within this revenue sharing model is the Cowboys. They are considered "Whoelsellers" of their brand and product. Cowboys actually own their own warehouse and distrubutor of their prioduct, so they are not obligated to share their apparel revenue with the NFL or other teams. 

So I highly doubt Tepper care about jersey sales via Nike, because he only gets a small slice of the pie. This is why you see other types of apparel outside of Nike/New Era, pushed by NFL teams. They actually get the majority of the pie as opposed to jersey sales.

shooting star GIF

Very informative...but a team that has a hard time selling their starting QB jersey says alot about fan support...which translates to ticket sells, etc...

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Very informative...but a team that has a hard time selling their starting QB jersey says alot about fan support...which translates to ticket sells, etc...

CMC leads the way in jersey sales for us, he is in the top 50. Take into consideration that most of the top ten (8) are all rookie jerseys.  At least we are not the  Falcons, Texans, Colts, and Lions who has zero jersey sales in the top 50. Falcons highest selling jersey this year is Julio Jones, which is laughable.

Btw...  QB jersey sales doesnt determine ticket sales... only one thing does.... Winning. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2