• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on potential contract extension’s

ncfan

25 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

While I agree with his background lending itself to having a propensity for CBs, Donte doesn't fit the profile of the guys they drafted and retained.

But if he can play, he can play.  He was solid last year when healthy and we’ve been signing injury prone guys all offseason, so they don’t seem to care much about that.  I guess it’s more a gut feeling than anything. 

edit: but apparently it’s robby so 🤷🏻‍♂️ don’t listen to me!  Lol 

Edited by PandaMan
  • Pie 1

Thing that has always worries me about DJ is he was called out by Smitty one season and miraculously looked much much better afterwards. Actually, I think he was called out twice, forgot what the other instance was.

That shouldn’t need to happen and more importantly, there shouldn’t be night and day difference when it does.

I get it, some people need motivation…but I’d rather it be intrinsic. I’m not 100% sold that it is. And with a new contract, I can’t help but think motivation will decline. Lord knows this franchise has huge issues with identifying that. But he certainly has the tools.

As far as Jackson, something tells me he’s going to want much more than he’s worth.

Edited by onmyown

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t believe it. Anderson is about the most expendable soon to be FA we have. Marshall and Smith both look solid and you’ve still got the other Moore as well. Spending that much money (with DJ) at WR with Marshall and Smith on rookie deals seems really dumb. There’s also a glut of good WRs that’s coming out of college lately.

I wouldn't want to break the bank, but Robby's agent can easily make the argument he is worth $15M per year given where the market is.

I know WR has been neglected here a lot time, but securing Robby, DJ, and TMJ for the next few years doesn't seem to have a downside, and I think the cap space is there to make it happen without handicapping us.

5 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I wouldn't want to break the bank, but Robby's agent can easily make the argument he is worth $15M per year given where the market is.

I know WR has been neglected here a lot time, but securing Robby, DJ, and TMJ for the next few years doesn't seem to have a downside, and I think the cap space is there to make it happen without handicapping us.

CMC’s deal puts him at an avg 16M per year.  That is why too much for Robby IMO given the deal DJ will get.  We got a lot of legit potential right now on the roster in young guys we should see this year before going down a road like that 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking of Fitt...

🤔

Hes got a good friendly deal with Philly's crew. Not to push the reaction button, but it feels like league wide relationship are 10x better with finesser than herniay or gettlegut. FIsesser feels like he will talk to ANY team/GM, while herniay/gettlegut had teams on a poo list. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Hes got a good friendly deal with Philly's crew. Not to push the reaction button, but it feels like league wide relationship are 10x better with finesser than herniay or gettlegut. FIsesser feels like he will talk to ANY team/GM, while herniay/gettlegut had teams on a poo list. 

Marty's relationship with the rest of the league was basically "Give him a call and we'll see if he's dumb enough to take this offer."

All too often, he was.

• Pie 6

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

What he said. Paying $15M a year for Robby with CMC, Arnold/Tremble, DJ, Marshall, Smith and Moore #2 is how you get in cap trouble. We aren’t there now but we’ve got DJ, Burns and Chinn coming up over the next couple years. That’s going to be a lot and if Darnold blows we’ll need draft capital to secure a QB and we’ll need extra space to add FAs because we don’t have the picks to reload as much.

Do you agree CMC is overpaid by 4 million per?