• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Notes about Perryman and depth

WarPanthers89

54 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I get that, but this staff is going to find us a QB. If it's obvious it's not Darnold, they'll move on quickly. We could end up like the Bucs. Stacked roster, find the missing piece, then championships. It would be even better if we won a SB with our own young QB rather than a geriatric rental that's going to have his number retired up North.

Absolutely key point on the QB…the Rhule/Fitty era depends on QB.  I think they realize that

Fitty has shown us already how to get talent.  A franchise QB is a tough get though 

Edited by Shocker
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I get that, but this staff is going to find us a QB. If it's obvious it's not Darnold, they'll move on quickly. We could end up like the Bucs. Stacked roster, find the missing piece, then championships. It would be even better if we won a SB with our own young QB rather than a geriatric rental that's going to have his number retired up North.

I just hate the process, which would be even more frustrating if some of the QBs of the 2021 draft turn out to be really special. Darnold would be whiff number two in as many years if you believe they'll move quickly in the event that he fails. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Absolutely key point on the QB…the Rhule/Fitty era depends on QB.  I think they realize that

Fitty has shown us already how to get talent.  A franchise QB is a tough get though 

Agreed. I still get pissed that the team site posted that the depth was 2-5 years ahead of us…… QB aside.  What a joke esp after Fitty nailed his first draft with us

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Not putting a ton of stock in preseason, but our 2s did outplay the Colts’ 2s (and some of their starters I believe)... Pretty ridiculous to suggest we could be “5 years behind them.”

It isn't at all ridiculous. Not only are they more deep and more talented but much more importantly, far more experienced. 2-5 years behind them isn't hard to believe at all. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It isn't at all ridiculous. Not only are they more deep and more talented but much more importantly, far more experienced. 2-5 years behind them isn't hard to believe at all. 

I would not be the least bit surprised if we have a better record than the Colts this year.