• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perspective, Directive, and Erective - The Panthers offensive woes and you

Zod

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Paradis is literally probably our second best lineman at the moment. 

Didn't look like it last night.

Gantt previously speculated that Elflein will replace Paradis at center next year since he doesn't believe they'll re-up with Paradis. And honestly, why would they?

I agree Paradis has improved since we first saw him, but he's still not great. If we're gonna replace him though, I'd prefer it be done with a draft pick.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Didn't look like it last night.

Gantt previously speculated that Elflein will replace Paradis at center next year since he doesn't believe they'll re-up with Paradis. And honestly, why would they?

I agree Paradis has improved since we first saw him, but he's still not great. If we're gonna replace him though, I'd prefer it be done with a draft pick.

Well, if that speculation is correct, I am just going to go ahead and say that we will never have a good offensive line with this staff. If we are dumb enough to think that Pat Elflein is our future at center(same as Erving as our future at LT), that isn't dumb that is fixable.

And if you don't think Paradis is great, I am not sure what you think Elflein will be. Less great? 

I am all for replacing Paradis, but not for some discarded roster trash that the Jets wouldn't even keep.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, if that speculation is correct, I am just going to go ahead and say that we will never have a good offensive line with this staff. If we are dumb enough to think that Pat Elflein is our future at center(same as Erving as our future at LT), that isn't dumb that is fixable.

And if you don't think Paradis is great, I am not sure what you think Elflein will be. Less great? 

I am all for replacing Paradis, but not for some discarded roster trash that the Jets wouldn't even keep.

I put both of them in the "not good enough" tier at this point.

Which one's better?

Does it matter? 😕

Best hope is that they look better once the real games start. I'd actually like to hope for a lot better, but I'm not that optimistic.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, if Thompson is viewed as a top option at this point….that is worrisome.    Given that was the first series group.  No one likes to talk about FB play….but now that we don’t have Cam handling those one yarders it’s back to being important again. 

It appears that we believe we can simply use an H-Back or TE to fill in for a FB. Not 100% sure I agree but if we are honest with ourselves, having the best FB in the NFL isn't going to accomplish much with the OL getting blown up like they were on those plays. I think we can be fine with a "make do" option at FB if we fix those issues.

Much more critical than finding a FB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah let’s just lose in front of our biggest home crowd in over a year. That’s awesome go team!

It's the preseason. It literally doesn't matter at all. If the fans can't understand that, they must be new to the NFL.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I put both of them in the "not good enough" tier at this point.

Which one's better?

Does it matter? 😕

Best hope is that they look better once the real games start. I'd actually like to hope for a lot better, but I'm not that optimistic.

Paradis is definitely better but, yes, we need to improve there. IMO, the only hope for looking better is to take our lumps with a younger lineup. Those guys have upside, at the very least. If you want to have a veteran in the mix, Miller is serviceable and doesn't embarrass himself that much. The other two should be some combination of BC, Brown and Daley. Otherwise, I just don't get what we are doing.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It appears that we believe we can simply use an H-Back or TE to fill in for a FB. Not 100% sure I agree but if we are honest with ourselves, having the best FB in the NFL isn't going to accomplish much with the OL getting blown up like they were on those plays. I think we can be fine with a "make do" option at FB if we fix those issues.

Much more critical than finding a FB.

The design of that run play at the goal made FB play extremely important though in the plays chance of success 

The design of the play essentially cleared it for the FB and RB to make the play happen IMO.   

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's the preseason. It literally doesn't matter at all. If the fans can't understand that, they must be new to the NFL.

No I understand completely when we looked like we did we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. Teams that are 0-2 right now are teams with MVP quarterbacks. Repsond back to me when u think you know more about football!

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

The design of that run play at the goal made FB play extremely important though in the plays chance of success 

The design of the play essentially cleared it for the FB and RB to make the play happen IMO.   

Yeah but we've seen CMC come up short in those situations in real games before and we know that he is an elite player. It's possible to get bailed out by a great player and great FB in some situations but if your OL doesn't execute in goal line, 95% of the time you are gonna be sunk in a situation like that. 

That's why having a Cam or Josh Allen type QB bailed can bail you out in those scenarios. It's like having another giant FB on the field.

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

CMC-Chubba are gonna be a hell of a combo. The only issue with it is they appear to be nearly identical in style. Power Back plays may be an issue. Don’t want to send either of them up the gut continuously, especially with what we’ve seen from the OL. 

Why not use Tremble in short yardage goal line situations as a fullback?

• Pie 2

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

No I understand completely when we looked like we did we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. Teams that are 0-2 right now are teams with MVP quarterbacks. Repsond back to me when u think you know more about football!

You clearly do not know about football if you are crying about a preseason performance. Especially considering that this will probably be the fewest reps we have seen our starters play in any preseason in recent memory. 

The only thing we have gleaned so far is how our quality of depth is lacking and perhaps some inkling of how our new draft picks may look when the reps are real.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1