• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waiver claims and practice squad signings

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I 100% agree, but just assume that Zylstra is a different type of WR and special teams player--but I have no idea.  When Moore seemed like he was loafing during last game (Smitty commented on it) I wondered if something bad was going on in the locker room.  We never (prolly) expected to draft Marshall, but when he was there at the end of the second round, you take him.  That meant Moore's days were numbered.  I am guessing we tried to move him and could not.

I don't think Marshall was the issue with Moore. It's Smith coming in and taking his job that was the problem.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I find it so funny with the pettiness some of you display.  Oh yeah!?,, you poo me?!?!  well I'll poo you right back.  lol.

That’s nothing, I have people’s alts log in just to do that to me. Random-ass names who never post or react to anything somehow search out what I say. fug it, they’re my Fan Club

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

🤣 “How dare he put people on the practice squad he’s familiar with” Yeah lol because they’re not NFL-caliber but some aren’t ready to face that reality 

Most practice squad guys are not nfl caliber. Very rarely do you see one make it in the nfl and be a quality player. You’ve been ranting for days on something that doesn’t really matter

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

The Tecklenburg signing makes me laugh. Dude was planning on retiring from football after college, but like Walker, he will he here as long as Rhule is here. And people hate reading that, but then they’ll be the first to whine “aww, we have no depth, how could this happen, how can we blame Ron and Hurney?”

Probably because we’re a job bank before a football team. Many teams pattern themselves after the Patriots, Giants or Steelers. We pattern ourselves after a mid-major program with no successful history and to make things worse, we yanked the coaches and players from the 2015 Temple Owls — who didn’t even finish the season ranked in the Top 25.

As for the “he does nothing every coach doesn’t do,” yeah other coaches bring in NFL guys and people from college powerhouses, they don’t shun better players to keep mid-major, semi-pro players they coached in college. Hell, Donald Trump could look at Rhule’s roster and if he weren’t illiterate, he’d probably say “Damn, now that’s some good nepotism!”

Dude you care about this poo WAYYYY too much. Research other coaches in similar positions and what they did with players from their former programs. 

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I don't think Marshall was the issue with Moore. It's Smith coming in and taking his job that was the problem.

Interesting point.  Smith care out of nowhere.  I was expecting a decent, borderline roster/PS player, but at any other time in Panther history (except maybe when we had Proehl or Cotchery) he would have been the #3 slot WR

38 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

🤣 “How dare he put people on the practice squad he’s familiar with” Yeah lol because they’re not NFL-caliber but some aren’t ready to face that reality 

How the fug do you know if a player is NFL caliber or not? Are you a scout? A coach? A player? No? Then STFU. 

• Poo 3

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Backup QB doesn't matter now?

Not when it’s between will fuging Grier and PJ. If Darnold continues to be a bust you really gonna care if it’s will Grier leading us to a top 5 pick or pj? It doesn’t matter. This team needs a top 5 pick if Darnold doesn’t work out.

• Beer 2