• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Max Kellerman "Claims" Zach Wilson will shine and Jets beat Panthers in Week 1 on Sunday

glenwo2

4 hours ago, Snake said:

I have a feeling our defense is going to make him look really bad. We might actually drop 40 on them. Talking heads will say Wilson is terrible and on here we will be talking SB. Neither will happen.

THIS ^^^^

I think our defense is going to be the talk of the NFL after Sunday.  We have a lot of pieces.  Many players are able to move around.  IE Chinn up to LB or Burns dropping back into coverage.  Solid players along the d-line and a back end to back it up.    

I know preseason is not a prediction for the season but our defense gave up 13 points in the first half TOTAL.  The only touchdown came at the end of the 1st half against Indy.   

In the 1 game the defensive starters played.  We gave up 60 total yards in the first half on 6 drives with 1 INT.  (19 total plays)

I expect to see Thieves Avenue reborn in a big way in 2021. 

I'm excited and will be more disappointed if the defense plays poorly than if Darnold doesn't play well. 

Wilson may be the future but he's about to get a taste of what a Good NFL defense is all about.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Floppin said:

I think it's funny how that idiot was accusing Keyshawn of being a homer, especially after how dirty the Panthers did him. I've always liked Keyshawn, but I've never known him to be a Panthers homer in any sense of the word. 

Pretty sure he was referring them both being from USC . Kellerman is still a tool though.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Not really. NFL won't let it download but 2019 highlights were 12 minutes long. 

There is a huge false narrative out there that Sam is just some terrible turnover machine.  His first 2 seasons he had a positive TD/INT ratio.  He was actually developing as a young QB should.\

Rookie Year - 57%, 2865, 17 - 15 

2nd Year (also mono year) - 62%, 3024, 19-13

Last year was not good - 60%, 2208, 9 - 11 - BUT, the entire organization was in tank mode and had completely given up on their head coach, who is God Awful.  They had the worst O-Line and the worst group of skill position players in the entire NFL.  Not exactly the case here in Charlotte.

All Im trying to say is before last year, Sam was developing into a nice, young NFL QB, and he was maturing and his stats were improving.  I sincerely think last season he had the entire deck stacked against him and it was an aberration in his overall progress.  I think we see very big things from Sam and from the offense.  People let the media decide their opinions for them.  And that opinion on Sam has morphed into him somehow being the worst QB in the NFL, when the film and the numbers hardly show that at all.

In short, fug the media, and fug the haters.

Thanks for attending my TED Talk. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

THIS ^^^^

I think our defense is going to be the talk of the NFL after Sunday.  We have a lot of pieces.  Many players are able to move around.  IE Chinn up to LB or Burns dropping back into coverage.  Solid players along the d-line and a back end to back it up.    

I know preseason is not a prediction for the season but our defense gave up 13 points in the first half TOTAL.  The only touchdown came at the end of the 1st half against Indy.   

In the 1 game the defensive starters played.  We gave up 60 total yards in the first half on 6 drives with 1 INT.  (19 total plays)

I expect to see Thieves Avenue reborn in a big way in 2021. 

I'm excited and will be more disappointed if the defense plays poorly than if Darnold doesn't play well. 

Wilson may be the future but he's about to get a taste of what a Good NFL defense is all about.

Our D was all over the place in the Pre Season.  They got heat on the QB a lot, and forced multiple turnovers each game if I am not mistaken.  Sunday is our national coming out party.  Everybody is gonna know who Brian Burns is at 430 PM on Sunday.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

When I think of "Game Manager", Trent Dilfer comes to mind.

Can Sam be better than Trent Dilfer?

Sam is pretty much the opposite of a game manager.  He and Dilfer share almost nothing in common relating to their play styles.  Sams style is more poor mans Aaron Rodgers than Trent Dilfer. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, OldhamA said:

One thing I've noticed watching Wilson this pre-season - and it was highlighted just now in the two snippets from a press conference (one of Darnold, one of Wilson): he's fuging tiny, isn't he? 

I don't think he'll last the beating the NFL will put on him. 

Does he even know how to scramble / run like Sam does?   I wonder how he will take a sack by Burns or Reddick....

13 hours ago, OldhamA said:

One thing I've noticed watching Wilson this pre-season - and it was highlighted just now in the two snippets from a press conference (one of Darnold, one of Wilson): he's fuging tiny, isn't he? 

He looks like a high schooler playing in the NFL.

Honestly, that was the feeling I got watching Jimmy Clausen too.

With that said, I do think Wilson's skill set is a lot better than Clausen's was.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He looks like a high schooler playing in the NFL.

Honestly, that was the feeling I got watching Jimmy Clausen too.

With that said, I do think Wilson's skill set is a lot better than Clausen's was.

Yeah, physically he definitely reminds me of Pickles.  And lest we forget, Clausen was very highly regarded coming out of Notre Dame.  

13 hours ago, OldhamA said:

6'3" 214 and he'll likely add another 10 pounds or so over the next year or two. 

Meanwhile

0f9a378014_brady_02262008.jpg?w=535

• Pie 1