• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The speculation ends today

Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Time for the speculation, the theories and the guessing to be set aside.

Now, we see some real football.

No, every question won't be answered today, but at least we'll have some real results to judge by.

I'm ready.

We'll have our starting point.  Whether good or bad.  I think we'll start with a lot of positives. 

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

IMO, the only question that will be answered today is if we will start the season with a win.  Any other more significant questions won't be answered for a while.  

I want to see a more composed Sam Darnold that plays within the system Brady brought with him.

That and a step up in the defence from last year - they have more tools to work with this. 

5 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We'll have our starting point.  Whether good or bad.  I think we'll start with a lot of positives. 

There are going to be people who will think they know all there is to know based on today's game.

These people...are not very smart.

Football seasons are marathons where numerous things happen, things go right, things go wrong, and it hardly ever looks the same by season's end.

You can hope that most people exercise their wisdom and patience, but you can also pretty much guarantee that a lot of people won't.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I want to see a more composed Sam Darnold that plays within the system Brady brought with him.

That and a step up in the defence from last year - they have more tools to work with this. 

So do I, but if it happens (a big if), it might take a while to show some results.  I think the defense (assuming it stays healthy) could look much better in Nov than it does early in the season.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II