• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy vs Darnold

TheoJay10

10 hours ago, KillerKat said:

We are 0-3 with Teddy as our QB guaranteed. Brady draws up his plays to always have a safety valve. Darnold notices this but yet still takes the longer throw when its there. Teddy would 100% always take the underneath pass. The difference betweeen Darnold and Teddy is the difference between wanting to win vs protecting your completion percentage.

I cannot remember if it was the last game or the Saints game but one thing that made me more hopeful about Darnold is during one pass play a player was wide open for a 7 yard check down and Darnold didn’t immediately take it, like Teddy does, and completed a long pass to DJ I believe. 
Darnold takes chances Teddy won’t. 

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I cannot remember if it was the last game or the Saints game but one thing that made me more hopeful about Darnold is during one pass play a player was wide open for a 7 yard check down and Darnold didn’t immediately take it, like Teddy does, and completed a long pass to DJ I believe. 
Darnold takes chances Teddy won’t. 

You might be thinking of the pass to Zylstra.  I saw a film breakdown session on it and they pointed out that he made the aggressive throw and got the TD instead of the open check down.  That is definitely a good comparison of something Teddy would not have done.   He would have gotten his little check down to increase his completion percentage and then we would have ended up kicking a field goal.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Was that before the 2nd games? I find that stat very hard to believe. Teddy has an almost 77% completion and Brady has 18 completions of 20 yards+ to Teddy’s 11. Are most of Teddy’s incompletions 20+ yarders? Either Teddy is really inaccurate at 20+ yard throws and perfect under 20 or it’s not correct. Honestly, don’t really care but I’d find it hard to believe any has been hucking the ball as much as Brady and after 3 games might be a way to early look anyway. Teddy looked decent for the three win stretch of weeks 3-5 with us last year, as good as his first three this year. We’ll know if Teddy’s changed after the next 4 games.

looking at the pass charts through 3 games, looks like he has 1 more attempt than Brady that traveled 20 yards in the air.  

but again, that is just pass attempts.  Not completions.  Or plays that gained 20+.   But Teddy has done a decent job thus far.  But that not his DNA.   It a forced effort. 

Sam doesn't sit on the opposing teams bench during the game and put his arm around the opposing team's Qb smiling the whole time.  He doesn't smile after loses.

Sam doesn't blame everyone else for his mistakes.

In terms of play, Teddy has improved and is playing better this year than last year, but he also has a better OL and the softest schedule to date (Jags, Giants, Jets) where none of their opponents have won a single game.  Two of our opponents know how to at least win a game.

In terms of play, Teddy wasn't the best deep passer, but he wasn't as bad as some make him out to be.  I'd don't think he would have over thrown the deep pass like Sam did on Thursday.  The WR would have had to run back and jump over the receiver to catch it, as they did many time last year.

21 Sam > 21 Teddy > 20 Teddy > 20 Sam

47 minutes ago, trueblade said:

According to NextGen stats, Bridgewater is ahead of Darnold on both CAY (completed air yards) and IAY (intended air yards). They are essentially tied in AGG (aggressiveness). AGG is shown as a % of attempts into tight windows over all passing attempts.

Teddy will execute the passes if the OC calls a good play and the receivers break open.

18 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Teddy spreads the ball, and goes through his progession more at this point in their careers.  There's a reason Robby Anderson has disappeared from the offense. 

Sam usually locks in on his first read and is more turnover prone.

He does have a better arm than Teddy and can make some pin point throws, especially on the run and with this Oline that's a benefit. 

All in all I think Sam has greater potential and if he can cut the turnovers down. The sky's the limit on where this team can go.  

He's had Zero passing INTs, 2 fumbles(that Paradis recovered both times), and that turnover that was ruled an INT when it really wasn't. 

Ball Security should be the focus during this mini-bye along with getting more familiar with throwing to others not named CMC. 

Edited by glenwo2