• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Stats Broken Down by Quarter

CarolinaLivin

10 hours ago, BrianS said:

Garbage time?  How do you figure that?  With 5 minutes left in the game we were down one score.  Sam brought us back but the defense couldn't get a stop.

That's a QB doing his (*@#ing job and getting us back in the game.  How different would the narrative be today if the defense had gotten a stop, and Sam drove us down to tie the game?

"Garbage time" only applies when a team loses by 2+ scores.  We did not.  We showed that we don't give up, ever.  That's exactly the sort of attitude you want in your young team.

Lmao it was 33-14 going into the 4th with the Cowboys taking out starters, they only threw it 3 times the entire 4Q.

We get it you thought Darnold has a great game. I bet you think Goff is having an mvp season

1 minute ago, GoobyPls said:

Lmao it was 33-14 going into the 4th with the Cowboys taking out starters, they only threw it 3 times the entire 4Q.

We get it you thought Darnold has a great game. I bet you think Goff is having an mvp season

Yea, it was 33 - 14, and we brought it back to a one score game with a young team still finding their way.  We never gave up.  What would you like us to do?  Put in PJ?  Come on man.  Get behind our team.

For the Cowboys, why would they throw it?  That's dumb.  They owned us in the run game.  There was no need to throw it when they could run, grind clock and see the game out.  They did exactly what we hated Rivera for doing, albeit with more lead than Rivera usually built up.

They nearly came to regret their choice.  If we get that stop after kicking off, we get the ball back and tie the game . . . how big of an IDIOT does McCarthy look?  Colossal.  Rivera sized.  Maybe Fox sized.

I take comfort in seeing our team continue to grow.  You seem to take joy in seeing us fail.  Have fun with that.

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Yea, it was 33 - 14, and we brought it back to a one score game with a young team still finding their way.  We never gave up.  What would you like us to do?  Put in PJ?  Come on man.  Get behind our team.

For the Cowboys, why would they throw it?  That's dumb.  They owned us in the run game.  There was no need to throw it when they could run, grind clock and see the game out.  They did exactly what we hated Rivera for doing, albeit with more lead than Rivera usually built up.

They nearly came to regret their choice.  If we get that stop after kicking off, we get the ball back and tie the game . . . how big of an IDIOT does McCarthy look?  Colossal.  Rivera sized.  Maybe Fox sized.

I take comfort in seeing our team continue to grow.  You seem to take joy in seeing us fail.  Have fun with that.

That doesn’t change the fact it was garbage time. At no point in that 4th A we’re the cowboys worried about us, they were playing off coverage the entire 4th.

Stop trying turn turn garbage time numbers into a moral victory.

On 10/5/2021 at 3:32 PM, Mr. Scot said:

How exactly do you step up when the guys in front of you are getting pushed back into your face?

I'm not talking about the quick blitz sacks, I'm talking about the sacks and pressure that take 3-4 seconds to develop.  You have very few times that Sam steps away from the defenders around him whether it is in front, behind, or beside.  The majority of the pressure he sees is defenders getting pushed outside and curling back from behind him - if he steps up or aside depending on the rush he can avoid and buy time or even run for a few.    

On 10/5/2021 at 3:46 PM, BrianS said:

Our OLine has been "ok"?  On which planet?  Our OLine has been all kinds of awful in the run and pass game.  It's little short of a miracle that Sam is playing as well as he is.

Those third quarter stats are frankly eye popping.  Especially because in the other three quarters Sam Darnolds stats look like a bona fide franchise QB.  73.5% completion, 1000 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT.  Yes please.

If we can get him playing four quarters at that clip, we have a SB in our future.  Real talk.

Pretty ridiculous to say our OLine has been awful when our offense is 13th in the league - passing game top 10.  Sam has barely moved outside the pocket and been without McCaffrey for basically 2 games - and our run game is still 16th?  That doesn't happen with an awful OLine.  You are giving WAY too much credit to Sam - the OLine is by far our biggest problem on offense but they aren't awful.  We have had much worse for the last few years.

1 minute ago, Stingray3030 said:

Pretty ridiculous to say our OLine has been awful when our offense is 13th in the league - passing game top 10.  Sam has barely moved outside the pocket and been without McCaffrey for basically 2 games - and our run game is still 16th?  That doesn't happen with an awful OLine.  You are giving WAY too much credit to Sam - the OLine is by far our biggest problem on offense but they aren't awful.  We have had much worse for the last few years.

You're not actually watching the games, are you?

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're not actually watching the games, are you?

Every snap of every game - I have seen Sam get the ball slapped out of his hand from behind at least 3 times standing in the pocket....sacked from behind standing in the pocket....  He has been great but that is the one thing I have seen repeatedly.  Just saying his awareness needs to improve and he could be even better

12 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

Every snap of every game - I have seen Sam get the ball slapped out of his hand from behind at least 3 times standing in the pocket....sacked from behind standing in the pocket....  He has been great but that is the one thing I have seen repeatedly.  Just saying his awareness needs to improve and he could be even better

Yeaaah...I sort of agree with that but that's not why people are incredulous at your comments :  

12 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

Pretty ridiculous to say our OLine has been awful when our offense is 13th in the league - passing game top 10.

This is exhibit A.  ^^^^

I was just LOL'ing while reading that.

16 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

They are absolutely terrible.  Tf you talking about? We are succeeding in spite of them.  

• Flames 1