• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady with lazy play calling

Ja  Rhule

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

So what are you going to do every Sunday now since you're not watching?  🤔

Man, I watched every minute of Chris Weinke and Jimmy Pickles. It's not like I'm going anywhere. This one sucks a little extra because the better team (by a wide margin) lost. I'm trying to come to grips as to why. Your boy Sammy was a major contributor in that loss. The coaching had several head scratching moments as well. I shouldn't have elevated my expectations as much as I did. Ill stop pizzing on the team now. My liquid anger is gone. Hope we can regroup from this debacle. roar.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Man, I watched every minute of Chris Weinke and Jimmy Pickles. It's not like I'm going anywhere. This one sucks a little extra because the better team (by a wide margin) lost. I'm trying to come to grips as to why. Your boy Sammy was a major contributor in that loss. The coaching had several head scratching moments as well. I shouldn't have elevated my expectations as much as I did. Ill stop pizzing on the team now. My liquid anger is gone. Hope we can regroup from this debacle. roar.

My "boy" needs to start acting (and playing) like he knows how to be an NFL QB.

What I saw looked like some bum off the street put on Sam's #14 Jersey and just threw it around the place as if he was rehearsing for a Play. 

All I want from Sam next Sunday  is this :

please-dont-suck.jpg

• Beer 1

It's time to really have a serious discussion about how bad Brady is.  

I was watching highlights of Denver last night, and even though they lost, combined with the games I watched of theirs the first few weeks of the season, Teddy looks good.  I was one of his biggest detractors here, but I acknowledge he looks really good in their offense.  He is even throwing it well past 20 yards.

The more I watched Teddy succeed elsewhere, and the more I watch us struggle in the scenarios and situations, it's clear, Brady is not a good OC.  Even when we were winning, the fact that he can't adjust in game and keeps calling the same plays that the opponent has already seen, it is very troubling.  Like I said in another thread, he did nothing to slow the pass rush yesterday outside of the run, and even then, he called way too many of those straight up the gut when it mattered and it got stuffed...  he ran nothing to stretch the field laterally after they contained the bootlegs and rollouts.  He ran nothing to slow down the pass rush.  He kept trying to hammer it right into the strength of the defense and when we passed, he kept trying to run everything vertically when Sam had little to no time to throw.  And the 3rd and short calls are still abhorrent.  He just has no rhythm...

When we got him, I was convinced we just hired a mastermind apprentice of the New Orleans offense that whooped our ass for years under Payton...  this poo looks like Aaron Brooks' offense, not Brees.  I'm already ready to move on from him because he is clearly not very good at his job, especially when it matters.

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't disagree that Brady has some room to grow as a play caller, but he looked a lot better last year with a limited QB who didn't have such a tendency to throw the ball to defenders. 

No he didn't.  He looked in over his head since he arrived.  Brady can call plays between the 20's but the redzone is where he crumbles.  I'm not impressed one bit by the guy.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

No he didn't.  He looked in over his head since he arrived.  Brady can call plays between the 20's but the redzone is where he crumbles.  I'm not impressed one bit by the guy.

How many guys on our offense had career years last season? Teddy and Darnold led offenses have always crumbled in the redzone. We're talking about two guys who have never thrown for more than 15 TDs in a season.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How many guys on our offense had career years last season? Teddy and Darnold led offenses have always crumbled in the redzone. We're talking about two guys who have never thrown for more than 15 TDs in a season.

Like I said between the 20's he can get yardage, but in the redzone he is ass. That's why someone else took over the play calling in the redzone at LSU. He's not good at it.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Like I said between the 20's he can get yardage, but in the redzone he is ass. That's why someone else took over the play calling in the redzone at LSU. He's not good at it.

Wrong. Joe Brady was the play caller in the redzone at LSU.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/LongFormArticle/LSU-Tigers-football-National-Championship-Game-Clemson-2020-New-Orleans-Steve-Ensminger-interview-142080486/#142080486_10

Q. How do you decide on what you want to do in the red zone each time?
STEVE ENSMINGER: Look, I have a game plan that's sitting right here. I'll be honest with you here. When we get in the red zone, 12 in, that's Joe Brady. Unless I want to run a play-action, go fast, we'll go. When we get inside the 12, I tell Joe, It's yours and he calls it.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Wrong. Joe Brady was the play caller in the redzone at LSU.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/LongFormArticle/LSU-Tigers-football-National-Championship-Game-Clemson-2020-New-Orleans-Steve-Ensminger-interview-142080486/#142080486_10

Q. How do you decide on what you want to do in the red zone each time?
STEVE ENSMINGER: Look, I have a game plan that's sitting right here. I'll be honest with you here. When we get in the red zone, 12 in, that's Joe Brady. Unless I want to run a play-action, go fast, we'll go. When we get inside the 12, I tell Joe, It's yours and he calls it.

Explain to me why he sucks so bad at it.  He's in over his head.

this is your typical sophomore or second year slump kind of thing. the crew came in last year, shook things up a little and had some success. the league has adjusted to what they did, so those things aren’t working anymore.

the question is will they now adjust back, and continue to adjust over the years. if yes, we have a keeper. if not, we have the next spurrier or chip kelly. we’ll see. it’s not really that unique a situation.

Edited by Mother Grabber

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

It's time to really have a serious discussion about how bad Brady is.  

I was watching highlights of Denver last night, and even though they lost, combined with the games I watched of theirs the first few weeks of the season, Teddy looks good.  I was one of his biggest detractors here, but I acknowledge he looks really good in their offense.  He is even throwing it well past 20 yards.

The more I watched Teddy succeed elsewhere, and the more I watch us struggle in the scenarios and situations, it's clear, Brady is not a good OC.  Even when we were winning, the fact that he can't adjust in game and keeps calling the same plays that the opponent has already seen, it is very troubling.  Like I said in another thread, he did nothing to slow the pass rush yesterday outside of the run, and even then, he called way too many of those straight up the gut when it mattered and it got stuffed...  he ran nothing to stretch the field laterally after they contained the bootlegs and rollouts.  He ran nothing to slow down the pass rush.  He kept trying to hammer it right into the strength of the defense and when we passed, he kept trying to run everything vertically when Sam had little to no time to throw.  And the 3rd and short calls are still abhorrent.  He just has no rhythm...

When we got him, I was convinced we just hired a mastermind apprentice of the New Orleans offense that whooped our ass for years under Payton...  this poo looks like Aaron Brooks' offense, not Brees.  I'm already ready to move on from him because he is clearly not very good at his job, especially when it matters.

I think we’re almost ready to admit Teddy was right when he mentioned we don’t practice 2-minute/red zone offense enough. Joe Brady has a glaring weakness.

Bridgewater, who was traded to the Denver Broncos in April, explained on the All Things Covered podcast that COVID-19 protocols limited practice time, but he believes more dedication to those key in-game situations is a potential area of growth for Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady:

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1. QB problem

2. OL problem

3. He's still pretty green as an OC

Can you at least just admit that your baseless accusation was wildly incorrect per LSU's OC?

So I had it backwards.  Excuse me. 

He still is not good at his job.  It's easy to blame everyone else for his ineptitude so I would not hang my hat that.  

I know this,  I  will not lose any sleep if he gets another gig somewhere else. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1