• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers don’t bring in any offensive linemen for workouts this week my faith in this season will be gone.

Eazy-E

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

So you are in the do nothing/sinking ship camp too?  Cool.  I will remember this when this camp of folks starts bitching in a few weeks one the season officially spirals out of control.

No, I just mean I would much rather see what our young guys can do before just grabbing a guy off the street when we don't know their football condition. Agree or disagree with me, the straight truth is our options for improving the line in the immediate future are very thin, unless we somehow swing a big trade. 

Let's not kid ourselves and act like some 30+ year old that hasn't played in almost all full year and/or has a injury problem is going to just come in and instantly make this line better. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Enough with the pity party.

Remember this is only year 2 of a complete rebuild.

Honestly I think this is the first team I’ve seen start a rebuild with WRs and CBs while throwing a ‘maybe’ QB in there to get mauled.

It’s a weird route to go seeing as the oline will take longer and is harder to build than anything else…you’d think they’d at least start there with one player.

I guess a 3rd round pick in 2 years is kind of a start for 5 positions.

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

No, I just mean I would much rather see what our young guys can do before just grabbing a guy off the street when we don't know their football condition. Agree or disagree with me, the straight truth is our options for improving the line in the immediate future are very thin, unless we somehow swing a big trade. 

Let's not kid ourselves and act like some 30+ year old that hasn't played in almost all full year and/or has a injury problem is going to just come in and instantly make this line better. 

Almost all of these guys were in camps and have only been at home for a little over a month.  Worried about conditioning?  Let them sit at home another month or two when the team realizes what we all know, that our guard situation really sucks and then let the panic begin.

There are different degrees of bad. 

Our best OL performance was week 2 at the Saints, with a long pocket time, time to throw and much lower pressure rate.    Go back and watch that game and compare it to yesterday.

It was the ONLY week that started Erving, Elflein, Paradis, Miller and Moton.  I know everybody here hates that line up, but it was our best performance.  

RT Moton > LT Moton
Elflein > Daley
The stats say it, the eyeball test says it, I don't give a f what pff says.

Throwing PS and retired players on the line is not going to make things better.

I would expect Moton and BC to get better at the new positions, but we are going to take lumps as they develop. 

In any case, Sam has to get his time to throw down to 2.6s from 3s or he is going to get hurt.

8 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Pretty much.

For my part, I want to see Moton stay left, Deonte Brown in at guard, Brady Christensen stay at right tackle or move to the other guard and Cam Erving or Trent Scott take whatever spot is left.

Center? About the only option there is Elflein if he gets healthy. Bad as Paradis may be, I doubt Sam Tecklenburg is gonna be an improvement.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty much.

For my part, I want to see Moton stay left, Deonte Brown in at guard, Brady Christensen stay at right tackle or move to the other guard and Cam Erving or Trent Scott take whatever spot is left.

Center? About the only option there is Elflein if he gets healthy. Bad as Paradis may be, I doubt Sam Tecklenburg is gonna be an improvement.

Everyone was complaining about Elflein.
He gets hurt, Daley goes in,  the line performs worse.

Then everyone was complaining about Erving.
He gets hurt, Moton moves L, BC goes in right, the line performs worse.

Now we want to put another rookie on the line who, for whatever reason, has been put at the bottom of the OL depth chart?

• Beer 1

I would like to replace Paradis with Erving when he returns. I can't think of another player that has ever played center and then left tackle. If he was ever any good at LT, he would've been there from the beginning. He has to be an improvement. Paradis has to be one of the worst starting centers in the league. Also, it's time for Brown to replace Miller. Then lets hope the changes also help out Daley and he can improve.

Edited by KillerKat

Just now, SBBlue said:

Everyone was complaining about Elflein. He gets hurt, Daley goes in,  the line performs worse.

Then everyone was complaining about Erving. He gets hurt, Moton moves L, BC goes in right, the line performs worse.

Now we want to put another rookie on the line who, for whatever reason, has been put at the bottom of the OL depth chart?

Don't know about everyone, but Erving actually looked good up till the last game.

Regardless, tackles weren't the problem yesterday.

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

The tackles were actually pretty good. It was LG, C, and RG that was the problem.

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

That's been the tale of Elflein's career so far. Out with an injury. You can want him on the field all you want but it's unlikely he will buck that trend here it may just be who he is.

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

The tackles were actually pretty good. It was LG, C, and RG that was the problem.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know about everyone, but Erving actually looked good up till the last game.

Regardless, tackles weren't the problem yesterday.

I agree that the IOL was WORSE, but the pressure appeared to come from every where and the stats support that.
FBXcwQ5UUAEHIeC?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

I agree that the IOL was WORSE, but the pressure appeared to come from every where and the stats support that.
FBXcwQ5UUAEHIeC?format=jpg&name=900x900

All the DEs have to do is see our interior struggling and crash inside. Like I said a bad center can affect the whole line. Also doesn't help that at least one of our guards has severely regressed and needs to be replaced also.