• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady Press Conference After the PHI Game

SBBlue

16 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Chubba caught 7/8 this past sunday.  He just has nothing after the catch.  His average yard per reception is lowest on the team.  Overall he's 12 of 16.

Thomas is 9/12 which is a higher catch percentage than DJ Moore, but way less targets.  Is that an issue of not getting open?  I don't know.  Arnold was 7/11 with much higher average yards, fyi.

These stats are raw btw and I don't know how many were uncatchable balls for example.

For giggles, Tremble is 3 catches for 6 targets, which is awful.

Yeah,  I use drop%, not cmp%  Cmp% doesn't take into account whose actual fault it was: bad throw, throwaway, breakup, or drop.

Chubbas drop% is 18%, which is like HORRIBLE.  Blindfolded Ted Ginn bad.  And these are checkdowns, not Ted Ginn routes.
Chuba Hubbard Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Tommy Tremble has had 1 drop on 6 targets.  I'm trying to remember when that was.  He got leveled and dropped the ball, but that resulted in a penalty.  Are they counting that one?
Tommy Tremble Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com 

Ian Thomas's drop% is 8.3% which is still bad.  Historically he has dropped on 3rd down or other pressure situations.  
Ian Thomas Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Edited by SBBlue

41 minutes ago, frankw said:

Robby should've caught that third down pass anyone with eyes knows it. But we still had chances 2 minutes and 3 timeouts. We had so much confidence in Sam we elected not to let him try for a fourth down at the end of the first half resulting in points for our opponent and later in the game we took the ball out of his hands until the Eagles finally got on the board again. Panthers fans just keep reliving the same mess and telling themselves it's different this time.

What I'm reading is we can't put all of the loss on Sam and ONLY Sam... Which is all I said in the first place.

Don't take that to mean I'm satisfied with him. I'm not.

8 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

What I'm reading is we can't put all of the loss on Sam and ONLY Sam... Which is all I said in the first place.

Don't take that to mean I'm satisfied with him. I'm not.

This is reasonable we do not disagree. But shitting on Hubbard now is just foolishness. He was the main reason we even were able to sustain drives in the second half. He is not part of the problem though he does have things he can work on as a rookie. We're going to need him this weekend for sure and at this point quite a bit the rest of the way if things keep trending the way they are with McCaffrey.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Yeah,  I use drop%, not cmp%  Cmp% doesn't take into account whose actual fault it was: bad throw, throwaway, breakup, or drop.

Chubbas drop% is 18%, which is like HORRIBLE.  Blindfolded Ted Ginn bad.  And these are checkdowns, not Ted Ginn routes.
Chuba Hubbard Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Tommy Tremble has had 1 drop on 6 targets.  I'm trying to remember when that was.  He got leveled and dropped the ball, but that resulted in a penalty.  Are they counting that one?
Tommy Tremble Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com 

Ian Thomas's drop% is 8.3% which is still bad.  Historically he has dropped on 3rd down or other pressure situations.  
Ian Thomas Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

That's incredibly useful for stats.  Did not realize advanced stats were available without a paywall.  Thanks for that.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, SBBlue said:

WTF?  You jets fans are so fickle.   It is now apparent that the jets deserve what they have gotten.  Please, if you are going to be like this,  go back where you belong.

Sam has shown he can play at a high level.  He has had 3 300 yard games and set a record for rushing touchdowns in his first 5 games.  We lost to Dallas because the D sht the bed.  We lost last week because he had 3 turnovers because we repeat routes and OUR CHECKDOWNS CAN'T CATCH. 

Had he thrown to Thomas he would have dropped it because that is when Thomas drops the ball, when we absolutely need him to catch it.  I can show you 3rd down after 3rd down where THOMAS DROPS THE BALL.  You cannot go to Thomas on 3rd down.  You cannot go to Thomas in 2 minute drill. The pressure goes straight to his head.  

Dude.....Please Chill, okay?

I said "*IF* Sam is going to be 2020 NY Jets Sam".   

I did not say that Sam currently IS 2020 NY Jets Sam 'cause he's not.

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Yanno, he's right.

Yanno, I said "IF" Sam was 2020 NY Jets Sam.

IF.  

Don't know why I'm all of a sudden the bad guy here.

I want Sam to succeed here.  "WTF?" right back at you and @SBBlue.  

Jesus Christ, you two....Come on!  GIF by NETFLIX

Edited by glenwo2

6 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Yanno, I said "IF" Sam was 2020 NY Jets Sam.

IF.  

Don't know why I'm all of a sudden the bad guy here.

I want Sam to succeed here.  "WTF?" right back at you and @SBBlue.  

Jesus Christ, you two....Come on!  GIF by NETFLIX

Just commenting that I agreed with what he'd said, no swipe at you intended.

Teddy started getting clobbered around this time of the season last year, too, didn't he? Not sure if our inability to make adjustments then isn't the same problem we have now.

There's like an entire book of things OCs can scheme up to help when your O-line isn't too strong. Brady must have just skimmed it. The line stuff must be boring for these kids in coaching nowadays.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Dude.....Please Chill, okay?

I said "*IF* Sam is going to be 2020 NY Jets Sam".   

I did not say that Sam currently IS 2020 NY Jets Sam 'cause he's not.

You've been going around hysterically posting the picture of one of Sam's ints over and over, whining about his performance (which was bad btw),  after months of raving over Sam.   The trolls are absolutely loving you.

I'm glad you've calmed down.   Sam's  going to have bad games. 

Without a checkdown target with hands, and no confirmation that our starting guard is returning, and the OC thinks people need to just execute things rather than scheme around weaknesses, facing a team that is 2nd in sacks, he's in for a tough Sunday.  Try not to freak.

6 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

You've been going around hysterically posting the picture of one of Sam's ints over and over, whining about his performance (which was bad btw),  after months of raving over Sam.   The trolls are absolutely loving you.

I'm glad you've calmed down.   Sam's  going to have bad games. 

Without a checkdown target with hands, and no confirmation that our starting guard is returning, and the OC thinks people need to just execute things rather than scheme around weaknesses, facing a team that is 2nd in sacks, he's in for a tough Sunday.  Try not to freak.

First off, that was not my intention to get the Trolls to love me.   THEY CAN FUG RIGHT OFF!

But the picture I was putting up was merely pointing out that Ian was open.   I am new here so I'm not so familiar with Ian's catching abilities in the clutch so I can only go by what I saw and he was open for what looked to be an easy pitch-and-catch if Sam saw him.  

But if he's butterfingers when it really counts, then I don't blame you for not having confidence in him there.

And Joe Brady desperately needs to do more rollouts with Sam.   Anything to get him away from what I call Turnstile-City.    It's the only way we will have a chance to win this Sunday. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, frankw said:

Robby should've caught that third down pass anyone with eyes knows it. But we still had chances 2 minutes and 3 timeouts. We had so much confidence in Sam we elected not to let him try for a fourth down at the end of the first half resulting in points for our opponent and later in the game we took the ball out of his hands until the Eagles finally got on the board again. Panthers fans just keep reliving the same mess and telling themselves it's different this time.

Sorry I disagree, your HC was playing a Field Position game.  Now knowing that and the fact that the D was playing well up to that point makes your statement about their lack of faith in SAM  not only ridiculous its absurd esp. since you have no factual proof to the contrary.  

In addition, the fact that your OC acknowledge or maybe infers that he doesn't make half time adjustments is tantamount to an an admission that he "still" doesn't understand the NFL game because - even bad teams - made halftime adjustment to counter what the other team is doing, i.e., just relook at the Dallas game, etc. 

I am thinking you should maybe start to look at your schemes, your personnel and how the fit into the schemes and whether they are being utilized correctly.  

Finally, no QB can play well when the OL is a turnstile, i.e, NYJ,  KC last year SB, etc. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1