• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers WRs had the 6th most catchable drops by a team the last decade

ncfan

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Which meant he would have completed 25/41 which is 60%. Im not sure what's funny about completing 60% of your passes.

you are projecting that all catchable balls are caught though.  That doesn’t happen in the NFL.  

If only 60% are catchable, a NFL QB is just just going to have a percentage of those caught.  it’s basically a guarantee that he will have a low completion percentage.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ok what about the previous 2 games? He is doing exactly what he did at USC and NYJ…

He's not being given help. I don't see him anywhere outside of a game manager. You can't expect game managers to be Aaron Rodgers. Hell Aaron Rodgers would have ripped Brady a new one by now. That's why Brady is ok using these guys because they will get the blame not him. If we drafted Fields it would have been squarely on Brady and that's probably why he didn't want him. 

Edited by Snake
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

you are projecting that all catchable balls are caught though.  That doesn’t happen in the NFL.  

If only 60% are catchable, a NFL QB is just just going to have a percentage of those caught.  it’s basically a guarantee that he will have a low completion percentage.

Darnold is 10th in the league with the number of on target throws. 63% on target, in the same area with guys like Carr, Mahommes, and Mayfield.

30 bad throws on the season which is right in the middle of NFL QBs.

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Darnold is 10th in the league with the number of on target throws. 63% on target, in the same area with guys like Carr, Mahommes, and Mayfield.

He's also got more drops than most other QBs (I think he has 5th most of top 20 QBs by yardage and I don't think yesterday has been factored in yet), and has one of the lower number of bad throw percentages in that group. 

Darnold has lots of problems but he is really not getting help from his receivers outside of DJ, and even yesterday DJ let us down multiple times

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

He's also got more drops than most other QBs (I think he has 5th most of top 20 QBs by yardage and I don't think yesterday has been factored in yet), and has one of the lower number of bad throw percentages in that group. 

Darnold has lots of problems but he is really not getting help from his receivers outside of DJ, and even yesterday DJ let us down multiple times

We should all crucify him, bad bad Sam. What a terrible guy you are to not be a top 3 QB and carry this shitty offense on your back.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

He's not being given help. I don't see him anywhere outside of a game manager. You can't expect game managers to be Aaron Rodgers. Hell Aaron Rodgers would have ripped Brady a new one by now. That's why Brady is ok using these guys because they will get the blame not him. If we drafted Fields it would have been squarely on Brady and that's probably why he didn't want him. 

This I can agree with. People keep making excuses for him. Yeah WRs will drop balls and OL will miss blocks, but good QBs don’t consistently poo the bed when things fall apart. Basically if the whole offense is playing well, Darnold can play good. That can be says for most NFL QBs. The franchise ones can still play good and rally their team when the poo hits the fan. Darnold can’t do that IMO. Game Manager or serviceable QB seems to fit him. If everything is going well, he can play good. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

We should all crucify him, bad bad Sam. What a terrible guy you are to not be a top 3 QB and carry this shitty offense on your back.

Im not saying Sam is perfect or even really good right now, but when you watch Jefferson and Thielen fight for receptions... It really made me miss Smitty.

We need more consistency out of Sam, the receivers, and Brady.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Im not saying Sam is perfect or even really good right now, but when you watch Jefferson and Thielen fight for receptions... It really made me miss Smitty.

We need more consistency out of Sam, the receivers, and Brady.

Im not saying he is perfect either but I have noticed this for years with our WRs. Guys around the league fight for balls and we act like we dont care if we catch the ball, they INT it or anything. The guys are like fug it if it does not hit me perfectly im not fooling with it and I might just drop it even if it does hit me perfectly, fug it.

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I find it hilarious that people are still on the Darnold bandwagon. 

Then again, it took almost 3/4 of the 2020 season for the majority of the Huddle to see the obvious with Teddy. 

The level of deja vu is pretty crazy too. "It isn't Teddy's fault! It's *insert other unit/coaches*'s fault! Teddy can't do it all!"

Fast forward to late season, "WHY ARE WE EVEN STARTING TEDDY??!! PUT IN PJ OR WILL GRIER AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE!!"

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I find it hilarious that people are still on the Darnold bandwagon. 

Then again, it took almost 3/4 of the 2020 season for the majority of the Huddle to see the obvious with Teddy. 

The level of deja vu is pretty crazy too. "It isn't Teddy's fault! It's *insert other unit/coaches*'s fault! Teddy can't do it all!"

Fast forward to late season, "WHY ARE WE EVEN STARTING TEDDY??!! PUT IN PJ OR WILL GRIER AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE!!"

I wouldn't call myself on the Darnold bandwagon. I don't think he is the answer here and that is depressing.  And I think that despite also recognizing that a historically bad WR performance and terrible playcalls are not doing him favors.

If he can find a way to play like he did in the 4th quarter consistently, it'd be a different story.  But he is who he is, and he isn't our long-term answer at QB.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

Then when he drops a pass to kill a drive he just walks to the sideline like he does not give a damn.

Sit him on the bench put TMJ at the 2 and get shi or zylstra more playing time. 

Zylstra has actually been super impressive whenever hes been in there.  He catches everything and gets good YAC too. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1