• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith said the reason for the drops was cause they were hospital balls, Chris Simms also eluded to it.

GoobyPls

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

O line wasn't this bad last year  this might be the worst line we've ever had. 

Worse than last year yes but even last year Teddy had hella pressure in his face his mobility saved him and made the line look better than it was often. But the key plus was he was more decisive with the ball and processed faster. Even with time Sam has made some seriously ill-advised throws.

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Has a bomb TD to Robbie. 

Week 1. When was the last one?

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

O line wasn't this bad last year  this might be the worst line we've ever had. 

The OL wasn't much better last year. I know that people threw up a few stats supporting having a slightly below average OL in 2020 but a HUGE portion of that was Teddy getting rid of the ball very quickly, which suited the Brady scheme. That made that 2020 OL look much better than it actually was.

IMO, this isn't dramatically different than that line. Hell, we keep seeing mostly the same players and most of them look a lot worse. Why? The QB holds on to the ball forever trying to figure out what he is seeing or trying to make a play when there isn't one to make. Like @LinvilleGorge quoted, those Time To Throw stats are pretty damning in that regard. 

This line has been atrocious for a while now.

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

The OL wasn't much better last year. I know that people threw up a few stats supporting having a slightly below average OL in 2020 but a HUGE portion of that was Teddy getting rid of the ball very quickly, which suited the Brady scheme. That made that 2020 OL look much better than it actually was.

IMO, this isn't dramatically different than that line. Hell, we keep seeing mostly the same players and most of them look a lot worse. Why? The QB holds on to the ball forever trying to figure out what he is seeing or trying to make a play when there isn't one to make. Like @LinvilleGorge quoted, those Time To Throw stats are pretty damning in that regard. 

This line has been atrocious for a while now.

Even more damning? He has the worst QB rating of any non-rookie in the league. I don't think this is what we were hoping for with the "Darnold is basically a rookie" talk. I mean, it turned out that talk was spot on but not in a good way. Not a "moldable piece of clay" kind of way. More of a "this dude looks like he's never played QB in the NFL" kind of way.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Simms put blame on Brady and Darnold.

But if you look at every drop from Sunday’s game the majority didn’t have impact on the drives I think only 2 or 3 really halted drives. The rest were either not going for gains, or the drive continued. Not to mention Darnold lack of precision, almost every drop was a finger tip drop.

Lack of precision?  I’m too tired to shred this.  Who would care anyway?

32 minutes ago, frankw said:

We can all agree the oline is bad. It's worse than last year but 2020 was still not good either and Bridgewater's mobility masked some of that. That being said why didn't we have these issues and talk of hospital balls when Teddy was qb? Our top two wideouts each put up 1k last year with the same oc and a similar oline talent wise. No Sam is not in an ideal or particularly fair situation but at some point we have to stop pointing fingers in every direction and see some of this is the same crap that went on with the Jets.

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Why? Because Teddy wouldn't try to make a play.

He'd throw it 2 yards on 3rd and 12 not try to fit it in to get the first. 

Man people on this board don't understand football.

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, frankw said:

We can all agree the oline is bad. It's worse than last year but 2020 was still not good either and Bridgewater's mobility masked some of that. That being said why didn't we have these issues and talk of hospital balls when Teddy was qb? Our top two wideouts each put up 1k last year with the same oc and a similar oline talent wise. No Sam is not in an ideal or particularly fair situation but at some point we have to stop pointing fingers in every direction and see some of this is the same crap that went on with the Jets.

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Sure, point fingers all you want,  I've done my share. My issue is the fingers seem to point to only one issue.  All others seem to have excuses.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Even more damning? He has the worst QB rating of any non-rookie in the league. I don't think this is what we were hoping for with the "Darnold is basically a rookie" talk. I mean, it turned out that talk was spot on but not in a good way. Not a "moldable piece of clay" kind of way. More of a "this dude looks like he's never played QB in the NFL" kind of way.

Yeah and I don't really even see why there is a need to prove this via statistical methods. My God....watch the motherfuger play! Holy poo. Late passes, ill advised passes, etc, etc. He cannot wrap his head around throwing the ball away about 40% of the time. It's nuts. But, then he will make some crazy completion and that is all those guys can see. 

I just don't understand it. Why in the hell do you want a QB that struggles this much with decision making?

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Sure, point fingers all you want,  I've done my share. My issue is the fingers seem to point to only one issue.  All others seem to have excuses.

I disagree. Most of the fingers are being pointed at the obvious issues. The OL, Darnold and Brady. Those are the top three reasons we are failing(probably in order). 

It blows my mind the people that want to exclude Darnold. He is extremely clearly part of the problem and a very big part of it.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheCuddle said:

You still haven't figured it out, Darnold can not grasp more than 13 plays a game.

In a regular classroom setting, test Sam, he A's.

But that same classroom with 1 or more distractions...pretty girl sitting next to him, or the guy he normally cheats off of isn't there...Sam fails.

He's not dumb but he is slow. Not special Ed more like ADHD.

you clearly didn’t read what i wrote, or maybe you did read it but you were distracted by your ADHD

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and I don't really even see why there is a need to prove this via statistical methods. My God....watch the motherfuger play! Holy poo. Late passes, ill advised passes, etc, etc. He cannot wrap his head around throwing the ball away about 40% of the time. It's nuts. But, then he will make some crazy completion and that is all those guys can see. 

I just don't understand it. Why in the hell do you want a QB that struggles this much with decision making?

What other choice do we have? It's either hope his crappy play changes or tune out for the rest of the season. No one is going come off the bench to save us.

Better put your big boy pants on if you are going to follow this team. Or you can take your toys and go home. The rest of us faithful will see you in the offseason. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I disagree. Most of the fingers are being pointed at the obvious issues. The OL, Darnold and Brady. Those are the top three reasons we are failing(probably in order). 

It blows my mind the people that want to exclude Darnold. He is extremely clearly part of the problem and a very big part of it.

Who has excluded Sam?  That's in your head my friend.