• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Texans have had serious trade talks regarding Deshaun Watson with Dolphins, Eagles, and Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

If any of you guys have been to any home games this season, you will know that Tepper desperately want Deshaun Watson. The stadium has been about only 60 percent filled with about 40 percent of that being the opposing teams’ fans. 

Tepper has been trying hard to get this fan base down to South Carolina. Tepper will easily be able to fill another 30 percent of his stadium with Clemson fans on Sundays. 

890BA985-F68B-4051-9925-64B602B31477.webp

Edited by Squid Game
  • Poo 1

27 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Watson is innocent until proven guilty. No one here saw him do anything wrong, and he will have his day in court. Right now he is innocent.

That's what the commissioner's exempt list is for. So the NFL doesn't have to wait for court rulings to disqualify a player accused of egregious stuff. Panthers fans of all people should need no introduction to this.

• Pie 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what the commissioner's exempt list is for. So the NFL doesn't have to wait for court rulings to disqualify a player accused of egregious stuff. Panthers fans of all people should need no introduction to this.

I think it's morally wrong and un-American to punish a person who is innocent. I'm aware of the purpose of the exempt list, and I think it should be challenged at every opportunity. It's wrong. I of course remember the Hardy debacle.

• Pie 2

Just now, pantherj said:

I think it's morally wrong and un-American to punish a person who is innocent. I'm aware of the purpose of the exempt list, and I think it should be challenged at every opportunity. It's wrong. I of course remember the Hardy debacle.

Presumption of innocence is a legal concept only. Outside of the court of law it doesn't necessarily exist.

• Pie 8

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

They're essentially on paid vacation. Not a punishment at all.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

A corporation punishing an individual for allegations is morally wrong in my opinion.

The players have a union. The exempt list is in the CBA. If the players didn't want to be subject to it, they should've made it a bargaining point. Most players aren't worried about it because they don't plan on KO'ing women on an elevator or running a dog fighting ring or sexually assaulting 20+ massage therapists. The NFLPA sued the NFL over it a few years ago and it was upheld via arbitration. 

• Pie 7

58 minutes ago, stirs said:

And now they are tanking w Tua

Which is why I think this whole tank for this player or that one is silly.  There is no way to accurately predict how a specific player will end playing.  All we have to do is look at this years crop of rookie qb's.  Lawrence and Wilson may eventually turn out to be decent to good qb's, but its ironic that the last qb chosen in the first is (so far at least), the best.  

Rant now over.

Fwiw, I seriously doubt we get Watson, unless our front office is confident the legal troubles will not be as bad as it seems.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 2

41 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Tua is awful dude. Not sure what you're watching.

I dude that hasn’t even even played a season yet….

Looks just as promising as a lot of other high draft picks of late.   Got a winning record as a starter.   For a guy as young as he is on a non-stacked team.  That ain’t bad. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The players have a union. The exempt list is in the CBA. If the players didn't want to be subject to it, they should've made it a bargaining point. Most players aren't worried about it because they don't plan on KO'ing women on an elevator or running a dog fighting ring or sexually assaulting 20+ massage therapists. The NFLPA sued the NFL over it a few years ago and it was upheld via arbitration. 

No reasonable player would want to be subject to punishment based on possible false allegations. The NFLPA suit failed, but that doesn't mean they were wrong. They were morally correct imo, and it's a shame the rules favor profitability over moral correctness.

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Which is why I think this whole tank for this player or that one is silly.  There is no way to accurately predict how a specific player will end playing.  All we have to do is look at this years crop of rookie qb's.  Lawrence and Wilson may eventually turn out to be decent to good qb's, but its ironic that the last qb chosen in the first is (so far at least), the best.  

Rant now over.

Fwiw, I seriously doubt we get Watson, unless our front office is confident the legal troubles will not be as bad as it seems.  

What our coaches need right now is an entire extra set of questions to answer at pressers.  Not like they are having a good time these days already