• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I had an epiphany

RIPTreyLance

So I was just sitting here thinking panther this, panther that and it struck me 

Lets just trade 3 first for Watson and get this show on the road. We're young, hot and ready. If there was a team to do this successfully, it's the Carolina Panthers. We're built for this trade--- RIGHT NOW. Would be a dynasty I'm thinking. 3 firsts and Donte to sweeten the pot. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 17

I just don't think the Panthers have the draft ammo to beat out the Dolphins or Colts.  Do we want to trade away some of our great defensive players for a guy who has massive amounts of baggage, and who may or may not return to his MVP level form?  I'd love to get the player Watson was before his "issues" emerged, but who knows how he will play after going through all of that?

Plus, we still need that draft capital to rebuild our OL...  Watson would still be running for his life behind our terrible line.

• Pie 2

Just now, d-dave said:

I just don't think the Panthers have the draft ammo to beat out the Dolphins or Colts.  Do we want to trade away some of our great defensive players for a guy who has massive amounts of baggage, and who may or may not return to his MVP level form?  I'd love to get the player Watson was before his "issues" emerged, but who knows how he will play after going through all of that?

Plus, we still need that draft capital to rebuild our OL...  Watson would still be running for his life behind our terrible line.

I don't see how we'd be able to trade for Watson and build an OL unless they traded him at a steep discount which sure doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't see how we'd be able to trade for Watson and build an OL unless they traded him at a steep discount which sure doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

Yeah, I don't think Carolina can put together enough, even at a discount for Watson right now.  We need to really work on fixing that OL for whoever throws passes for the Panthers.

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I know everyone thinks the Panthers are cursed, but at least we didn't have a similar situation here with MVP Cam. Houston is really in a tough spot with Watson.

Cursed would've been orchestrating a blockbuster trade for Watson and THEN all of this coming out. Oh wee fuging mayne.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, RIPTreyLance said:

So I was just sitting here thinking panther this, panther that and it struck me 

Lets just trade 3 first for Watson and get this show on the road. We're young, hot and ready. If there was a team to do this successfully, it's the Carolina Panthers. We're built for this trade--- RIGHT NOW. Would be a dynasty I'm thinking. 3 firsts and Donte to sweeten the pot. 

RIPMyBrainCells