• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio confirms: It's currently down to the Dolphins and Panthers for Deshaun Watson

TheSpecialJuan

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

3 firsts and players?   Come on man.  

If you think of it this way.... 49ers traded 3 first round picks and a third round pick for Trey Lance. They traded 4 total picks for an unproven player (who hadn't played in over  a year).... If they are asking for a defensive starter in return... is the deal really that overwhelming?

Edited by TheCasillas

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If you think of it this way.... 49ers traded 3 first round picks and a third round pick for Trey Lance. They traded 4 total picks for an unproven player (who hadn't played in over  a year).... If they are asking for a defensive starter in return... is the deal really that overwhelming?

Their team is in a much much better place than ours.   How do we build the line without picks?

4 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

Besides what do we do with the #1 pick?  Draft Thibodeaux?  That still doesn't solve our quarterback problems since none of the quarterbacks in this coming draft look worth a top 5 or 10 pick.

4 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

Besides what do we do with the #1 pick?  Draft Thibodeaux?  That still doesn't solve our quarterback problems since none of the quarterbacks in this coming draft look worth a top 5 or 10 pick.

Evan Neal would work just fine.  

9 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

It'll be quiet around here if all these people leave after we trade for Watson

Won’t be much of a loss from what I’ve seen. Let’s face, most here just talk. They’ll still be here if Watson is the QB.

From a organization stand point it can’t get much worse than it is now. The Panthers were 3-1 and their stadium was taken over by Eagles fans. The Panthers were then 3-2 and their stadium was taken over by Vikings fans. 

After the initial poo storm passes and if Watson can win games all of that will disappear over time. 

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

But Lance did not have potential felonies against him. This sends a message to the fan base--something that should devalue Watson---they want top dollar.  SF paid too much.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

But Lance did not have potential felonies against him. This sends a message to the fan base--something that should devalue Watson---they want top dollar.  SF paid too much.

This is a good point, and I don’t disagree with it. My only counter point is that I’d be extremely concerned with all of his riches, if tepper didn’t confirm that this would not be a long term concern. I’d expect tepper to have DW do the following (if/once proven guilty)

1. apologize publicly

2. go through a rehabilitation process

3. Give back to women rights betterment programs

4. Community service 

if those aren’t in his plan, then yes. Stay away from this deal.unless our legal system just doesn’t do anything with the supporting evidence, then it’s a non (legal) issue.

12 hours ago, pantherj said:

Watson can be our face of the franchise, leader on offense, and all around ace in the hole. CMC is fantastically talented and a HoF level RB, but his body is toast. Without CMC we need more offensive firepower, and that is Watson. 

It’s a hell of a gamble to make Watson the face with his allegations 

29 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

It'll be quiet around here if all these people leave after we trade for Watson

I really don't think there's anything here. Joe Person first of all....

Second of all the other stuff is just repeating what Joe Person said and there is no verification or anything in addition to Joe Person just saying this....no one has a source is what it really is.

11 hours ago, pantherj said:

I wonder why fans think it's just going to be Watson out there on offense alone running around throwing the ball to himself? Did CMC die or something? DJ and Robby were lethal with Teddy, so imagine Watson throwing to them. 

Well Robby would have to catch the ball first...

• Pie 2