• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What happened?

I understand our first three opponents were weak teams but so were the Giants and the Vikings and Eagles aren’t world beaters. How could we look so good to open the season and get progressively worse starting on week 4? The offense has gone from mildly competent to an unmitigated disaster and it appears we’re blind without a cane at this point. Is what Brady’s doing so basic and predictable that teams just needed a couple of weeks of tape to figure us out? Our offense is so bad it’s killing our defense. We would be better off doing the exact opposite of whatever cockamamie game plan these jimmies draw up. Is there any hope or should I turn off the tv and start looking forward to the draft?

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

Just now, Newbie said:

I understand our first three opponents were weak teams but so were the Giants and the Vikings and Eagles aren’t world beaters. How could we look so good to open the season and get progressively worse starting on week 4? The offense has gone from mildly competent to an unmitigated disaster and it appears we’re blind without a cane at this point. Is what Brady’s doing so basic and predictable that teams just needed a couple of weeks of tape to figure us out? Our offense is so bad it’s killing our defense. We would be better off doing the exact opposite of whatever cockamamie game plan these jimmies draw up. Is there any hope or should I turn off the tv and start looking forward to the draft?

The Joe Brady / Sam Darnold combo happened. I was hopeful, but this is brutal.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

We got cocky. Started talking playoffs. Thought we had arrived. Then reality smacked us in the face and the blow was stunning and derailing. We're a bad team that had early success due to fortunate circumstances that got cocky and then got their confidence shattered when we found out that we aren't nearly as good as we thought we were. Why we got cocky after beating two of the very worst teams in the league and an N.O. team missing half their roster and coaching staff is what baffles me.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

NFL coaches...QUALITY NFL coaches know how to look at game film and find your upcoming opponents weaknesses.  We do not have quality coaches.  They also don't know how to adjust, which is obvious by our attrocious 3rd quarter stats.  Losing CMC hurt, as has other injuries.  Our opponents know that loading the box to stop the run, stunts, and jumping short routes are the blueprint to beat us.  Our coaches don't know how to adjust to what the defenses are doing.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Newbie said:

The moment Cam's arm was shot this was always the best move forward. Maybe you didnt have to turn off the tv but going in with any sort of expectations would be ill advised.

9 minutes ago, Newbie said:

The NFL had a chance to get film on Sam Darnold in the Carolina offense.    And now he looks every bit the textbook defintion of Sam Darnold and being the worst starting QB in the NFL.  Which is the position he has held for some time now (rookies and QBs forced in by injury don't count when competing for the crown). 

We have a terrible OLine and our all-world running back who masks all of the QB and OLines flaws is gone, making a QB who’s ceiling is decent game manager at this point have to carry the offense. The result is a QB trying to be more than he is and failing miserably. Our wonder boy OC hasnt adjusted anything and has been figured out since the middle of last season, but again having CMC on the field masked that as well

I think our defense was vastly overrated at the beginning of the season due to playing bad QBs with bad supporting casts. I do think we have a legitimate Top 10 defense, however we are not the 2013 Seahawks that people thought we were after 3 games. The losses of Horn and Shaq were significant and I dont think people realize what those 2 not being there does to our scheme. I think its forced us to play alot less press and more zone which means we can be carved up if our blitz doesnt get home. Getting Shaq back and getting Gilmore on the field will have us looking elite on defense again IMO

Its easy to lose faith and think we need to blow everything up and start over and fire Rhule but I really think alot of you on here are letting the 3-0 start give you unreasonable expectations. The Titans look like Super Bowl favorites right now but if they lost Derrick Henry imagine what their offense would look like

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Turns out, pressuring and confusing Darnold is easy. 

and then you can you know....just let him have time.  And he will just give you the balll too.  Sam is the worst QB in the NFL when not pressured.  Just look at the last 2 weeks, horrific INTs......nothing to do with the OL sucking.  It's what he always has been. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Quite simply we are getting schemed up every game.  The league has figured our college offense out, and Joe Brady has absolutely no counter punch.  

9 minutes ago, WikidWeasel said:

NFL coaches...QUALITY NFL coaches know how to look at game film and find your upcoming opponents weaknesses.  We do not have quality coaches.  They also don't know how to adjust, which is obvious by our attrocious 3rd quarter stats.  Losing CMC hurt, as has other injuries.  Our opponents know that loading the box to stop the run, stunts, and jumping short routes are the blueprint to beat us.  Our coaches don't know how to adjust to what the defenses are doing.

The consistency of the third quarter struggles is the most obvious and glaring sign of a coaching staff that doesn't adjust well to the game.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

and then you can you know....just let him have time.  And he will just give you the balll too.  Sam is the worst QB in the NFL when not pressured.  Just like at the last 2 weeks, horrific INTs......nothing to do with the OL sucking.  It's what he always has been. 

Yeah, oddly the best thing for Darnold is to be pressured. His clean pocket awareness is the worst I have seen in a long time.

• Pie 1