• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person on Watson, Darnold, Tepper, Brady...and more.

ellis

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

It's a bad pairings.  Almost textbook worst possible pairings.  Over and over on repeat. Everything comes back to Rhule.  Probably Tepper too.  These dudes have no clue how to build a NFL team from the ground up.   

Bad QB + Bad OL =  bad pairing

First time OC + Bad QB + Bad OL = bad pairing. 

College HC + College DC + College OC = bad pairing

New Owner + College HC + First time GM = bad pairing. 

I mean, build things from the ground up.  You still need to bring experienced and proven people along for the ride and I think we failed there in too many places.  You can have a first time OC....but what you pair him with matters.    You can have a project QB.  A weak OL.  But what you pair it with matters.    You can hire a college HC but who he is paired up with matters.     

Foundation of this rebuild just seems really weak and poorly done.    Forget the foundation work, let's take about light fixtures!  Here is a new DB.  Look we signed a WR to a lot of money. 

Well, if the overall goal with the team is that five year rebuild that Tepper talked about, none of these are problems. They have five years to figure it out. But....everyone involved appears to have thrown that out the window and want to win yesterday. 

Cool.....but we didn't choose that option. We chose promising coaches and young players that were going to take time to figure it all out. 

So, it really isn't the fans that got it confused, it appears to the the owners and the staff that got confused. 

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

Joe Brady is a poo OC and unless you give him Tom Brady he's going to be a poo OC. He took Darnald right back to where he was with the Jets. Horrible coach. 

only problem with that narrative is everything else he has done before Sam Darnold arrived (the worst QB in the NFL over the last 4 seasons). 

Everyone had career years last season in Carolina with Joe Brady

Everyone the year prior to that, at LSU had career years with his pass attack. 

I mean he could be poo.  If he was given a functional QB this year his track record could of continued too.   

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, if the overall goal with the team is that five year rebuild that Tepper talked about, none of these are problems. They have five years to figure it out. But....everyone involved appears to have thrown that out the window and want to win yesterday. 

Cool.....but we didn't choose that option. We chose promising coaches and young players that were going to take time to figure it all out. 

So, it really isn't the fans that got it confused, it appears to the the owners and the staff that got confused. 

well, setting folks up for the actual growth and building to occur....seems like a pretty important aspect of the whole rebuilding thing.    

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, setting folks up for the actual growth and building to occur....seems like a pretty important aspect of the whole rebuilding thing.    

But in a five year window, we are at the start. Mistakes can be made, lessons can be learned because you are patient and let it all transpire. 

That ain't what is happening.

16 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Fields isn't exactly lighting it up right now either 

I believe a lot of scouts said that he held on to the ball too long and didn't process his progressions quickly enough which are all turning out to be true. I also believe in the Ohio State QB curse, don't remember a Pro bowl QB coming out from their program in recent years. I think Fields is just an elite physical talent playing with top HS prospects as to why he is a 1st round QB. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, CRA said:

only problem with that narrative is everything else he has done before Sam Darnold arrived (the worst QB in the NFL over the last 4 seasons). 

Everyone had career years last season in Carolina with Joe Brady

Everyone the year prior to that, at LSU had career years with his pass attack. 

I mean he could be poo.  If he was given a functional QB this year his track record could of continued too.   

Yeah Teddy had such a career year that we had to pay his salary to go away. Keep shoving that bull 💩

34 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah Teddy had such a career year that we had to pay his salary to go away. Keep shoving that bull 💩

You are changing the dicussion entirely.   I didn't say Teddy was great or good....said he had his best season as a QB with Joe Brady.   

I said Teddy had his best season as a QB with Joe Brady.  Same applies to Anderson.  Same applies to Samuel.  Same applies to Mike Davis.   

All those players had career years with Joe Brady.  Same thing happened at the college level.  Lot of them aren't good football players.    But Joe Brady got the best out of them anyone had to date.  

that was Joe Brady's resume until they tied the worst QB in the NFL to his waist.    More evidence points to Sam just being horrific and imploding it all than Joe Brady sucking given what has happened with every other offense he has touched.  Can't scheme around the fact Sam Darnold has to touch the ball every snap. 

42 minutes ago, CRA said:

You are changing the dicussion entirely.   I didn't say Teddy was great or good....said he had his best season as a QB with Joe Brady.   

I said Teddy had his best season as a QB with Joe Brady.  Same applies to Anderson.  Same applies to Samuel.  Same applies to Mike Davis.   

All those players had career years with Joe Brady.  Same thing happened at the college level.  Lot of them aren't good football players.    But Joe Brady got the best out of them anyone had to date.  

that was Joe Brady's resume until they tied the worst QB in the NFL to his waist.    More evidence points to Sam just being horrific and imploding it all than Joe Brady sucking given what has happened with every other offense he has touched.  Can't scheme around the fact Sam Darnold has to touch the ball every snap. 

His best season? You mean compared to what? Sitting on the beach in NO? Or are we talking about the ground breaking offense that was 24th in the league? Or the offensive firepower we showed in the red zone. To be honest he cleared that up this year. I mean if you don't ever make it into the red zone we don't have to worry about that. Right Right? 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

sure Teddy's best FULL season, but he was better per game with NO and is better so far with DEN than he was with us.  Maybe he'll come back down to earth but it isn't like DEN is some crazy high powered offense either...

Anderson is having his worst season to date ... again with Joe Brady.  

Samuel was in a contract year, Davis had a lot to prove.

I don't think Brady is THE WORST, he has some killer play design... but it isn't really looking like he is that great, either, especially in the red zone or situationally.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

sure Teddy's best FULL season, but he was better per game with NO and is better so far with DEN than he was with us.  Maybe he'll come back down to earth but it isn't like DEN is some crazy high powered offense either...

Anderson is having his worst season to date ... again with Joe Brady.  

Samuel was in a contract year, Davis had a lot to prove.

I don't think Brady is THE WORST, he has some killer play design... but it isn't really looking like he is that great, either, especially in the red zone or situationally.

I think the fact Sam Darnold is clear cut problem #1.   Everything else is a secondary issue that is amplified by Sam. 

Does Joe Brady need to work on some things? Absolutely.  Saw that last year.   But this mess of a season isn't Joe Brady.  It is the fact Matt Rhule signed the worst QB in the NFL the last several years to now touch the ball for us every down.... and now we are paying the price of that horrible decision.  

Just now, CRA said:

I think the fact Sam Darnold is clear cut problem #1.   Everything else is a secondary issue that is amplified by Sam. 

Does Joe Brady need to work on some things? Absolutely.  Saw that last year.   But this mess of a season isn't Joe Brady.  It is the fact Matt Rhule signed the worst QB in the NFL the last several years to now touch the ball for us every down.... and now we are paying the price of that horrible decision.  

The issue is it isn't just Darnold playing poorly.  Yes, the offense has given up now, but the receivers / backs / tight ends were in the wrong place, dropping balls left and right, etc and things have looked out of sync since the start in ways that aren't possible to blame Darnold.  Ultimately the offense looks poorly prepared, unable to adjust/adapt, etc.  Even when it WAS performing in the first halves, it was an awful stinking mess in the 3rd and still struggled situationally.  

I agree Darnold is a bigger problem than Brady, but Brady has looked BAD this year.