• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Player Morale

CanePantherHornet

After the Giants game, there were many posters speculating that the players had given up on Rhule. I find it very strange that out of nowhere Robby Anderson forgot how to catch, DJ Moore grew an aversion to contact, and Christian McCaffrey became mortally wounded by an injury that barely even made him limp. 

Could this be because of the trade rumors? I know that if I was on a team and I knew that if any moment I could be forced to pack up and move half way across the country, I would not be happy. Even if they don't care, you've got to think that this has been a massive distraction for both players and coaches this week. Could be something to watch out for.

I doubt they have given up yet. If you see the defense start getting blasted, then you will know they are laying down.

The offensive struggles are just bad because entire offense is off. Bad OL, bad QB, receivers dropping poorly thrown and well thrown balls. I am sure that just plain sucks to deal with, especially for very competitive people.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Everybody knows it's a qb driven league. I don't think they've given up but honestly the locker room can't be in a good place right now. If fans and random people on social media see the awful throws Sam is making into quadruple coverage and how he ends one game with a pick and starts the next with a pick I mean how does that not become a factor in morale when you know despite your best efforts one guy will poo the bed? But Rhule and Fit made this mess it's up to them to deal with the fallout 🤷‍♂️

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

I would believe you but we haven’t shipped anyone away other than Denzel Perryman and that probably had more to do with him not being vaccinated. We have only brought in more talents in by draft picks. 

Naw, we have brought in some really good defensive talent IMO

We have to suck over a sustained period to get to that point. I don't believe the guys are nearly as reactionary week in and out as we are as fans.

Morale/momentum shifts happen during games though most definitely. I think DJ checked out last week because the game had pulled away from them and Sam kept putting him in danger. I don't know how you can blame Robbys sudden case of butterfingers on low morale, plus he loves Rhule. And I think they're just being increasingly cautious with every CMC injury now.

21 minutes ago, frankw said:

Everybody knows it's a qb driven league. I don't think they've given up but honestly the locker room can't be in a good place right now. If fans and random people on social media see the awful throws Sam is making into quadruple coverage and how he ends one game with a pick and starts the next with a pick I mean how does that not become a factor in morale when you know despite your best efforts one guy will poo the bed? But Rhule and Fit made this mess it's up to them to deal with the fallout 🤷‍♂️

Every single one of those guys in that room know Darnold isn't the guy. They work with him day in and day out, they watch film and they see him in the games. They all know he can't do it. So, imagine how tough that is on the sideline to be sitting there KNOWING your QB can't do his job properly but there isn't anything you can do about it.

And I very much doubt that they are doing anything but hoping that he CAN but they also have watched and played this game for years. They know more than we do.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, frankw said:

I’m sure they see that in practice and know what’s coming before the game even starts.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1