• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

This team is not just a QB away. The Oline is a huge weakness and the defense isn't as good as people think as has been proven the last few weeks. Special teams is still...special, just not in a good way. And to top all that off, the coaching staff appears in over their heads.

That said, it's year two of the rebuild. Maybe they'll figure things out next season.

Oh no, I agree, it's a poo show.  But, my point was, no matter what other pieces we have and how good they may be, it's all for naught if you don't have a QB.  

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Miami has just as bad of an oline or worse. Miami has one win. One. Anyone looking at this team knows we have a great defense and weapons. We are an extremely talented team with more talent then Miami and he chose Miami lol. 

No income tax + better weather + all the massage salons he can handle + both teams suck anyway

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Yes, people have ASSUMED that he would waive it for us.  But we've always known the entire time that the only team Watson had officially waived it for was Miami.  Not Denver, not San Fransisco, not Philly, only Miami.  

Ian did not report, "Panthers stopped their pursuit because Watson doesn't want to go there."  He said the Panthers would not continue pursuing Watson AT THIS TIME.  And then reiterated something that we already knew - Miami was the only destination he's approved so far.  And then Joe Person reported that the no-trade clause did not affect us, and that we could still try to pursue him in the offseason when his legal situation is clearer.  It is likely the Panthers just were not satisfied with what they heard at the meetings.

I don't think it needs to be explained any clearer.  If you want to keep laughing at our misery though, go ahead.  

The more we look at this, the more I believe it has been the Texans stirring all this up to get Miami to go hard with an offer.

Whether the Texans knew or not, now EVERYONE knows that Watson is only going to Miami. The chances of getting the haul they want....pretty much zilch. They have no one else to bid against.

I don't know if Watson sexually assaulted any of those 22 women, but he damn sure just sexually assaulted the Houston Texans.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I edited for you.  You should go look again.  

Like I said, I've been here and I'll always be here through good and bad.  

And yeah, you hit a nerve because I'm tired of idiots that don't know any better ruining it for the fans who actually expect better.

I don't really care what you think of me I just called you out for your nonstop whinning and if you don't like it tough poo.

• Poo 2

It had nothing to do with Watson saying he wouldn't play for Carolina and everything to do with the Panthers just either not being on the same page about Watson or not wanting to fully commit to Watson before the offseason.

I'd imagine the talks only ramped up again because they truly realized how horrible Darnold is.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, Mage said:

You are making assumptions.  All Ian said was that so far, the only team he's waived his no-trade clause for is Miami (which we've known for MONTHS).  Didn't say that Watson outright said no to Carolina (which has been reported several times in regard to Philly, not us).  Joe Person said the no-trade clause was not the issue in regard to Carolina.

We likely pulled out right now because of his unclear legal situation and didn't feel the NFL cleared up enough what would happen in 2021.  

Talking Heads GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

200.gif

Edited by PanthersGOATFan336

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's not us being out. That's him saying no. That's a very key distinction. Ultimately the same end result, but the optics are very different.

Yep.  And this looks 10x worse than Stafford saying no thanks to us.   

• Pie 1