• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joel Klatt heard Rhule may not be staying in the NFL, could be eyeing position at Penn State

NeederNodder

5 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

You don’t think Penn State would match his contract? They will. 

They would be dumb to make a guy who has won one conference championship at a midmajor school....a top 5 paid coach. 

Go check the resume of the top 5.    He doesn't belong.  And Penn St isn't a random billionaire throwing around his own cash.  Schools got to justify the pay a little more (not much but more than Tepper).  They got boosters.  They got taxpayers.     

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This would be a big loss. It’s way too early to sh!t on Rhule. They’ve filled a ton of holes in 2 off seasons while being handcuffed by a QB situation he didn’t ask for. The only tackle worth a damn on the market was Trent Williams so they went out and found talent at other positions of need. Had Sewell been on the board they would’ve taken him. 

I realize the huddle expects any coach to come and take the leagues least talented roster and transform it into the leagues most talented roster within 2 years but that’s not realistic. 

But huddle gonna huddle so carry on.

That’s not why fans have lost faith in Rhule. It’s that Rhule has disregard the need for a franchise QB in two straight years. He came in as a rookie head coach and gave Teddy Bridgwater a $60 million contract right off the gate to be a starter. He then traded away Teddy for a 6th rd pick. Sent three picks to the Jets for a QB that has proven to be a turnover machine. Did I forget to mention about the OL? 

Edited by Squid Game
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

They would be dumb to make a guy who has won one conference championship at a midmajor school....a top 5 paid coach. 

Go check the resume of the top 5.    He doesn't belong.  And Penn St isn't a random billionaire throwing around his own cash.  Schools got to justify the pay a little more (not much but more than Tepper).  They got boosters.  They got taxpayers.     

Rhule has so many ties to Penn State and right now he’s still one of the biggest coaching names in football for whatever reason I can’t understand. Penn State will give him a blank check if he wants that job. 

Edited by Squid Game
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

That’s not why fans have lost faith in Rhule. It’s that Rhule has disregard the needs for a franchise QB in two straight years. He came in as a rookie head coach and gave Teddy Bridgwater a $60 million contract right off the gate to be a starter. He then traded away Teddy for a 6th rd pick. Sent three picks to the Jets for a QB that has proven to be a turnover machine. Did I forget to mention about the OL? 

I know actions speak louder than words but we really haven’t been in position to get a franchise qb…fields probably isn’t one and he was the only one in reach.

Burrow? Cincy ain’t trading 

Herbert? He would have been ours and that’s been confirmed but he went 6th we picked 7th 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Watson? Unless you live under a Rock you know the deal

Franchise QBs sometimes require two things other than great scouts…Luck and timing which we really haven’t had. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

That’s not why fans have lost faith in Rhule. It’s that Rhule has disregard the need for a franchise QB in two straight years. He came in as a rookie head coach and gave Teddy Bridgwater a $60 million contract right off the gate to be a starter. He then traded away Teddy for a 6th rd pick. Sent three picks to the Jets for a QB that has proven to be a turnover machine. Did I forget to mention about the OL? 

lol ok Chuck. I covered the QB thing but like I said, huddle gonna huddle.

• Pie 2

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

I know actions speak louder than words but we really haven’t been in position to get a franchise qb…fields probably isn’t one and he was the only one in reach.

Herbert? He would have been ours and that’s been confirmed but he went 6th we picked 7th 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Franchise QBs sometimes require two things other than great scouts…Luck and timing which we really haven’t had. 

It was no coincidence that Hurney was shown the door after it was clear Teddy wasn’t it. They rid themselves of Teddy because Tepper wasn’t watching that again. 

Tried for Stafford. Jax/Jets weren’t trading down. We all know the Watson situation… so that left Sam. 

This board would’ve flipped had they landed Stafford with their 8th overall pick. Majority of this board doesn’t want Watson. 

What the hell do some of these people want them to do? At this point, people better hope they can lure Rodgers here this offseason. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Should’ve traded up with NY or Detroit for Justin Herbert but Rhule was so locked in on Teddy being the answer because of his time with Joe Brady in New Orleans. Plus, Rhule really believes that he’s a guru at developing bad players. We took a run stuffer DT at pick 7. Who does that? Yes, I would trade Brown, Yetur, Chinn and Horn all for Herbert. 

• Poo 2

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

It was no coincidence that Hurney was shown the door after it was clear Teddy wasn’t it. They rid themselves of Teddy because Tepper wasn’t watching that again. 

Tried for Stafford. Jax/Jets weren’t trading down. We all know the Watson situation… so that left Sam. 

This board would’ve flipped had they landed Stafford with their 8th overall pick. Majority of this board doesn’t want Watson. 

What the hell do some of these people want them to do? At this point, people better hope they can lure Rodgers here this offseason. 

Aaron Rodgers? Lol

54 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m not a fan of OCs that come from systems with franchise QBs. Moore has Dak and Leftwich has Brady…Nagy and Pederson leave a bad taste and honestly probably are some of the main reasons that Bienemy is not a head coach

Fair point. Who do you like?