• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person puts the nail in the Watson to Carolina coffin

SgtJoo

Honestly, we probably need to consider trading McCaffrey to someone. IMO, we need picks more than we need a top 3 RB...when healthy. And that's the thing, will he be able to stay healthy, particularly with us relying on him so much (which is ultimately another possible impediment)? I wouldn't bet on it at this point.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, we probably need to consider trading McCaffrey to someone. IMO, we need picks more than we need a top 3 RB...when healthy. And that's the thing, will he be able to stay healthy, particularly with us relying on him so much (which is ultimately another possible impediment)? I wouldn't bet on it at this point.

He had a minor injury last year, and a hamstring this year. And all the sudden he is washed up. 

I love the huddle where the collective leaves a lot to be desired.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

He had a minor injury last year, and a hamstring this year. And all the sudden he is washed up. 

I love the huddle where the collective leaves a lot to be desired.

Interesting that you're the one that used the term "washed up." Did I just not say he was a top three back when healthy. I would say that the modus operandi of putting words in peoples' mouths and/or using something akin to straw man arguments leaves a lot to be desired, and the "Huddle collective" engages in such activity. Moreover it doesn't really matter if it's a hamstring or another "minor" soft tissue injury, the point is whether he's available. He hasn't been since we paid him all that money. Of course, part of that may be our overuse of him, which I alluded to, but the fact is that regardless of what the reason is, we haven't gotten a good ROI. It may be time to consider trading him to someone who is better able to do that, and use whatever draft capital that we earn to fill more immediate holes.

• Flames 1

I lol at every post of Watsonmania. He has played less games in the past 2 years that CMac, who everyone seems to want to jettison. I have zero interest in having an alleged serial rapist being the face of our franchise. Fix the offensive line with all the picks yall want to throw at Houston. That's what a serious team should do instead of looking like a desperate guy playing Madden. Hope Miami makes the deal so all of this stupidity will go away.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Interesting that you're the one that used the term "washed up." Did I just not say he was a top three back when healthy. I would say that the modus operandi of putting words in peoples' mouths and/or using something akin to straw man arguments leaves a lot to be desired, and the "Huddle collective" engages in such activity. Moreover it doesn't really matter if it's a hamstring or another "minor" soft tissue injury, the point is whether he's available. He hasn't been since we paid him all that money. Of course, part of that may be our overuse of him, which I alluded to, but the fact is that regardless of what the reason is, we haven't gotten a good ROI. It may be time to consider trading him to someone who is better able to do that, and use whatever draft capital that we earn to fill more immediate holes.

Interesting that I summarized what you said perfectly. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, frankw said:

If we've already "re-engaged" multiple times you can hardly say that's the final nail. Saying now they weren't offering CMC seems like another face saving attempt. What I gather from this whole saga isn't anything particularly good. Our big decision makers seem to change course on a whim and if you look at the pattern of how they handled the situation with Newton and Bridgewater publicly this all fits with that dysfunction. It is what it is 🤷‍♂️

For the record: Carolina never offer CMC, Houston counter offer did, reason why there's a stalemate.

Houston rather ship him to NFC, hence they're stalling on Mia.

Mia knows Panthers are the other only contenders so they're staying pat in their deal(which doesn't include Tua)

If Panthers make a deal it's either Monday or off-season, final offer just sent.

Darnold's poor play gave Houston leverage, if Darnold shows up against ATL, Monday's deal or no deal.

13 hours ago, SazmoRanger said:

BUT, I think both Panthers and Dolphins are walking away in hopes that the Texans come down on the asking price.

Mr. Whip-It-Out, effectively, has never been available for trade.

A Ford Pinto with a $1,000,000 price tag on it is technically "for sale"...

...effectively, it's not.

Edited by SizzleBuzz