• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold and Panthers will Bounce Back Today

The Huddler

54 minutes ago, Rags said:

This offense is a bunch of very solid guys with no real elite playmakers without CMac. 

Like this is a great game overall by Brady and no one's made any real mistakes (besides some drops) 

We just don't have any real play makers. 

That 1st play would like a word with you on the mistakes part......

But yeah that game was pretty good on terms of what they needed to do go win. Keep the D off the field and methodically move the ball. Something we have called for FOREVER!

The line has been terrible trying to keep the QB upright, but ok as run blocking. Add it Ricci balling as a old school FB, and the three headed RB group looked pretty good.  Abdullah is a little more CMC as a receiver but we have 2 ok rushers anyways.

25 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

But wait... I'm sure @LinvilleGorgewill be by soon, to eat his crow.

(If I can do it, you can, Mr. Mod from the Dark Side)

Darnold wasn't very good. He just wasn't disastrously terrible and that allowed the D to secure the W. This is the way we have to play this year. We have to actively deemphasized the passing game. 

You're playing yourself wanting to spike the football over this.

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

It's okay.  Exhalation accomplished.

If "playing myself" is being a supporter of the team, rather than an outright hater, then so be it.  I haven't lived this long being negative.

I don't mind getting crap. Cuz it matters not. I just enjoy football, and usually talking about it.

There's still a bunch of us who are not ready to jump off that cliff. Thankfully, there are still folks to chat with.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Darnold wasn't very good. He just wasn't disastrously terrible and that allowed the D to secure the W. This is the way we have to play this year. We have to actively deemphasized the passing game. 

You're playing yourself wanting to spike the football over this.

Any time Sam does not throw an INT in a game, I'd call him "very good" for him.

That's where I've arrived at with him at this point. 

Sure he didn't toss a TD (even though he should've been credited with one with DJ) but no INTs is always a good thing.

Oh and no Turnovers aka Fumbles either so that's good as well.

• Pie 1