• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq is back

Khyber53

40 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Luke looked average his rookie year when we had him playing outside linebacker. Once Beason went down and Luke moved inside, we all got to witness the GOAT being born.

It’s great to see Shaq flourish in his new role.

I get what your saying but he also won Rookie of the year that year, so 'average' is a bit of a stretch. 

.... man I miss that guy

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

Where is Carter I’ve not seen that dude hardly at all, I wish Perryman would have worked out because of Shaq is hurt we struggle.

I think he gets covered up by other bodies, but dude has been solid IMO.  His job is to be where he is supposed to be and that allows the playmakers around him to… make plays.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

i'll just say it...shaq is a stud.

didn't know just how much he is until you watch the defense without him and then with him again.

Been trying to say it for a couple of years now. He'd have had just as much attention last year but he spent so much time covering for Whitehead...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Shaq has made me eat some delightful crow

also, y’all pooing on Carter and he was playing his face off yesterday

Carter did really well yesterday and he has been improving. Right now he's about an average MLB for the league, which isn't bad for a guy's first year as a fulltime starter. But let's face it, he's always going to be compared to Luke, Beason, Morgan and Mills. Those are mighty big shoes to fill.

I'd say Shaq is filling Davis' shoes really well, but honestly, he's making a name for himself in a different way. Shaq is making plays all over the field like Luke and hitting like Davis, while being a big part in the pass defense. That contract sure doesn't seem so silly now, does it?

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Carter did really well yesterday and he has been improving. Right now he's about an average MLB for the league, which isn't bad for a guy's first year as a fulltime starter. But let's face it, he's always going to be compared to Luke, Beason, Morgan and Mills. Those are mighty big shoes to fill.

I'd say Shaq is filling Davis' shoes really well, but honestly, he's making a name for himself in a different way. Shaq is making plays all over the field like Luke and hitting like Davis, while being a big part in the pass defense. That contract sure doesn't seem so silly now, does it?

Carter is a guy that we need to eventually look to upgrade. He is in the average to slightly below average range. 

This is the last year of his rookie deal, so unless he plans on taking a fairly small contract, I don't think I would be looking to extend him. His spot shouldn't be that hard to upgrade in free agency.

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Carter is a guy that we need to eventually look to upgrade. He is in the average to slightly below average range. 

This is the last year of his rookie deal, so unless he plans on taking a fairly small contract, I don't think I would be looking to extend him. His spot shouldn't be that hard to upgrade in free agency.

Let's see if he keeps improving. Nine more games should tell the tale.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's possible he becomes that guy. I am definitely skeptical that he will end up being a guy that is a core player. 

I can see where you're coming from, but I think he's got a shot at it. Luvu might even get a shot at it. 

Still, Shaq runs that defense.

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I can see where you're coming from, but I think he's got a shot at it. Luvu might even get a shot at it. 

Still, Shaq runs that defense.

Yeah, if Shaq keeps up this high level of play this year, he is a core player. I know his contract says he is but he hasn't played like that since Luke and TD have been gone. 2021 Shaq is the guy we all thought we were going to get when we drafted him.

I'd definitely keep Luvu around if he remains affordable. We are getting him for next to nothing this season. Carter I wouldn't mind keeping if he is affordable in 2022. Ultimately, I would still pursue potential upgrades in free agency and the draft.

• Pie 2