• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq is back

Khyber53

12 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Shaq has made me eat some delightful crow

also, y’all pooing on Carter and he was playing his face off yesterday

Worst of the defense

5. LB Jermaine Carter Jr. (58.3)

Thompson’s fellow backer in Carter Jr. didn’t fare as well. PFF charged him with a pair of missed tackles and six receptions allowed on six targets.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-pff-grades-week-8-falcons/

• Flames 2

12 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Where is Carter I’ve not seen that dude hardly at all, I wish Perryman would have worked out because of Shaq is hurt we struggle.

Watching Perryman be the primary linebacker in this defense would have given you Tahir Whitehead ptsd flashbacks. Two totally different defensive schemes that ask the linebackers to do different things. Whitehead had back to back 100+ tackle seasons with the Raiders before we signed him. Also Perryman can’t cover worth a poo.

What you see from Carter is likely what Perryman would have looked like in this defense which is why he was expendable. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Mage said:

It's starting to look like all Shaq Thompson needed was to play inside backer more.

Luke looked average his rookie year when we had him playing outside linebacker. Once Beason went down and Luke moved inside, we all got to witness the GOAT being born.

It’s great to see Shaq flourish in his new role.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Matt Ryan had 146 passing yards. Mike Davis was their third leading receiver. The middle linebacker being targeted for 6 receptions means the homerun ball wasn't there, or Ryan didn't have time to let it develop. I'm okay with that, and I'm okay with Carter keeping the play in front of him. Let them catch some underneath stuff. We held the Falcons to 213 yards and 13 points. Clearly the defensive strategy worked more than PFF scores matter.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1