• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Erving's "effort" on the play that got Sam hurt

trueblade

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

It's no different than Cam. If you criticized him at all you were told to get in your F150.

Completely depended on how you criticized him, but the F150 people could never  figure that out which is why it kept happening.

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

It's no different than Cam. If you criticized him at all you were told to get in your F150.

Cam deserved some criticism for when he was inaccurate. But beyond that he was a proven starter and a franchise qb. As of now Sam Darnold is not. Facts are facts.

10 hours ago, frankw said:

The sensitivity level here over Darnold is wild. You can't even talk about his faults. Honestly my friend if you're up at 3 in the morning venting about this I think you may be the one getting trolled. Hope you slept good!

Thing is, though, frank....We talk about his faults EVERY F*CKING DAY.   

It's not like we do it once in a blue moon here.    It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I read sh*t like someone is expendable RIGHT AFTER he gets hurt. 

Very Dick'ish statement to say.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 11/2/2021 at 11:52 AM, Waldo said:

Go back and look at all the 'first round talent' and 'room to improve' talk when we signed them day one of free agency. Same people that said we could draft BPA because we took care of the roster holes....LOL 

listen i'm an open contrarian here but no one on either "side" saw anything but ceiling stopgap here for Irving

19 minutes ago, Rags said:

listen i'm an open contrarian here but no one on either "side" saw anything but ceiling stopgap here for Irving

Erving was more BPA in the draft and positional flexibility talk. Elf was more 1st round talent and positional flexibility with way too much hope he could some how stay healthy. 

The point of the quoted statement was a jab at signing these two somehow opened us up to the BPA that led us to drafting one OL guy who is 25 and needs serious strength training who is maybe a 2nd OG or 3rd OT, now RT who got a start at LT...

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Thing is, though, frank....We talk about his faults EVERY F*CKING DAY.   

It's not like we do it once in a blue moon here.    It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I read sh*t like someone is expendable RIGHT AFTER he gets hurt. 

Very Dick'ish statement to say.

He's talked about because he has been the Panthers starting quarterback. How many days are you guys going to wail about a post one person made? Did they say they were glad he was hurt or he deserved to be hurt? Enough with the victimhood this man is set to make 18 million dollars next year no matter how he plays.

10 hours ago, frankw said:

The sensitivity level here over Darnold is wild. You can't even talk about his faults. Honestly my friend if you're up at 3 in the morning venting about this I think you may be the one getting trolled. Hope you slept good!

The thread was about Erving’s lack of hustle, which resulted in a vicious hit on Darnold. Of course it was derailed, so you could enlighten us with your expert opinion. 

I’m not exactly thrilled he’s our QB, but I’m going to support the guy. Yes he’s made some awful decisions and hasn’t  played well at times. But so has everyone on the offensive side of the ball, if I’m wrong, then name someone.

I’m awake at 3:00 am because I work late, is that alright or should I change jobs? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

The thread was about Erving’s lack of hustle, which resulted in a vicious hit on Darnold. Of course it was derailed, so you could enlighten us with your expert opinion. 

I’m not exactly thrilled he’s our QB, but I’m going to support the guy. Yes he’s made some awful decisions and hasn’t  played well at times. But so has everyone on the offensive side of the ball, if I’m wrong, then name someone.

I’m awake at 3:00 am because I work late, is that alright or should I change jobs? 

The overwhelming majority of folks here have supported him but that goodwill took a hit when the turnovers piled up. I think more than anything people just want to see a spark. The win against the Falcons was good for lifting our spirits but it still felt kind of hollow knowing how limited our offense is with the talent we had so much hope for. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a better backup qb situation. Hopefully we at least make a game of it Sunday. Expectations for PJ are very low. Maybe he'll surprise us.

5 hours ago, frankw said:

He's talked about because he has been the Panthers starting quarterback. How many days are you guys going to wail about a post one person made? Did they say they were glad he was hurt or he deserved to be hurt? Enough with the victimhood this man is set to make 18 million dollars next year no matter how he plays.

Rap Game No GIF by Lifetime

On 11/2/2021 at 8:59 AM, iamhubby1 said:

I don't want to rain on your parade, but it was Paradis that actually missed the block. It was his man that hit Sam. 

Tremble cleaned up Irvings miss. Irving had little impact on that play.

You can say Irving never hit anyone, but it is wrong to blame him for the hit.

With *this* offensive line, I don't see why we should limit ourselves to blaming just one guy for getting the QB hurt.

So let's review :

Sam gets concussed.

The Huddle Jerks : "Sam is Expendable"

Complaints are made about said Jerks comment.

The Huddle Jerks response : "Enough with the victimhood" (which is the equivalent of "suck it up" or "rub some dirt on it" in this case)

Me thinking : *Good lord...what an a-hole* 🤦‍♂️

Edited by glenwo2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

So let's review :

Sam gets concussed.

The Huddle Jerks : "Sam is Expendable"

Complaints are made about said Jerks comment.

The Huddle Jerks response : "Enough with the victimhood" (which is the equivalent of "suck it up" or "rub some dirt on it" in this case)

Me thinking : *Good lord...what an a-hole* 🤦‍♂️

You should probably log out a little more often.

• Flames 1