• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well since PJ is probably starting this Sunday, I watched the highlights from his only other start.

hepcat

Imagine.  Defense plays great.   Prevents NE from getting much going.  Game is a lot of back and forth punting.  Low scoring. 

Then in the 4th PJ lets one rip down field and the deciding play is a Robbie Anderson TD.  Panthers win. 

Oh, the huddle would be a fun place. 

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Imagine.  Defense plays great.   Prevents NE from getting much going.  Game is a lot of back and forth punting.  Low scoring. 

Then in the 4th PJ lets one rip down field and the deciding play is a Robbie Anderson TD.  Panthers win. 

Honestly I can totally see something like that happening.  PJ actually has a very nice deep ball and God knows Robby is due. 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Honestly I can totally see something like that happening.  PJ actually has a very nice deep ball and God knows Robby is due. 

Maybe it just me but I don’t let one good play/drive override a games worth of bad play. 
But unfortunately people take that one good drive/play and crown the player the best. 
Like Darnolds last drive against the Vikings. It was really good. But that doesn’t take away the fact Darnold had been terrible up to that point. 
So PJ may have that one good drive. Doesn’t mean he isn’t terrible. Means he had an opportunity and took it. Even bad players can occasionally find opportunity. 

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

Look, I'm in. I think the dude sucks but a W's a W.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Maybe it just me but I don’t let one good play/drive override a games worth of bad play. 
But unfortunately people take that one good drive/play and crown the player the best. 
Like Darnolds last drive against the Vikings. It was really good. But that doesn’t take away the fact Darnold had been terrible up to that point. 
So PJ may have that one good drive. Doesn’t mean he isn’t terrible. Means he had an opportunity and took it. Even bad players can occasionally find opportunity. 

I mean, yeah....we all get it.  PJ is not a great QB.  But he IS an NFL level QB who has the ability to make plays with his arm sometimes.  So, its not out of the realm of possibility that he could play well on Sunday. 

• Poo 1

48 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean, yeah....we all get it.  PJ is not a great QB.  But he IS an NFL level QB who has the ability to make plays with his arm sometimes.  So, its not out of the realm of possibility that he could play well on Sunday. 

He is an XFL level QB that is only in the NFL because we have a coach who has a hard on for Temple players. He wouldn’t be the back up for any other team in the NFL. I mean he at the NFL level but there is nothing about him that is NFL level. 
Just sounds like you really, really, really want PJ to turn into the next Micheal Vick. 
Weirder things have happened. But I wouldn’t buy his jersey just yet. 
Guy was out of the league putting up stats against NFL scrubs and washouts. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

He is an XFL level QB that is only in the NFL because we have a coach who has a hard on for Temple players. He wouldn’t be the back up for any other team in the NFL. I mean he at the NFL level but there is nothing about him that is NFL level. 
Just sounds like you really, really, really want PJ to turn into the next Micheal Vick. 
Weirder things have happened. But I wouldn’t buy his jersey just yet. 
Guy was out of the league putting up stats against NFL scrubs and washouts. 

What the fug are you even talking about dude?  PJ is going to be playing QB for my team on Sunday so I want him to do well.  How the hell do you get "I want him to turn into the next Vick" out of that?  Some of y'all are wild on here....I swear. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

55 minutes ago, joemac said:

What the fug are you even talking about dude?  PJ is going to be playing QB for my team on Sunday so I want him to do well.  How the hell do you get "I want him to turn into the next Vick" out of that?  Some of y'all are wild on here....I swear. 

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

The glass is half full outlook;

Our defense and Phil Snow going up against a rookie qb 

Looked pretty good running the ball last week, maybe it carries over

Our play at the qb position really can’t get much worse than what we’ve already seen

And our kicker just won ST POTW

I'm going to view every game with the assumption that they are destined to lose the game. That way if they pull out a victory it would be an upset for the other team.

It puts less stress on me and it makes watching a disaster so much more enjoyable.  I get to laugh either way.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm going to view every game with the assumption that they are destined to lose the game. That way if they pull out a victory it would be an upset for the other team.

It puts less stress on me and it makes watching a disaster so much more enjoyable.  I get to laugh either way.

Honestly, the Sunshine Squad always whine about pessimism but having low expectations makes a good season pretty fuging amazing. 

• Beer 1