• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meet Yesterday's Offensive Line

MHS831

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I knew he was going to be a bust when they said he needed to get stronger.  Uh, the dude is 25, if it aint happened yet it sure as hell aint going to happen in the future.

Yeah, we could have had day 1 starters on the oline and we have to go into next year on another maybe if we are lucky guy...All the BPA believers need to see why BPA is a fantasy without positional value and needs mixed in. Our D needed a CB even when it was going to be solid but out dumpster fire of an oline gets no meaningful contributors. Huge fail by Fitts. 

Just now, Waldo said:

Yeah, we could have had day 1 starters on the oline and we have to go into next year on another maybe if we are lucky guy...All the BPA believers need to see why BPA is a fantasy without positional value and needs mixed in. Our D needed a CB even when it was going to be solid but out dumpster fire of an oline gets no meaningful contributors. Huge fail by Fitts. 

BPA strategy is fuging retarded and I have said so forever.  Evaluate better.  That said picking Slater would have been a reach.  Oh yeah, how is that working out for us now? 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

BPA strategy is fuging retarded and I have said so forever.  Evaluate better.  That said picking Slater would have been a reach.  Oh yeah, how is that working out for us now? 

BPA relies on all starting positions being filled, in this case by Darnold, Elf and Erving...That is a complete failure in personnel evaluation. With years of tape to back that up.

Slater was never a reach, all they draft hype by the media is almost completely entertainment value of BS opinions and nothing else. The failure was thinking we were good to go and build a better D by ignoring our offense. Need can be dangerous but ignoring or just being woefully wrong at evaluations is just as bad. 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The LT literally doesnt hit anyone all play.  He kindof reaches out a couple of times but thats it.  Maybe that is common in a pass play but I kindof doubt it.

You're right now that I watch it again. 

The whole line shift on the play is weird.

Actually, if you think about it, is it more likely the whole line screwed up with that shift left, or that Sam screwed up and rolled right thinking it was a different play?

• The D 1

29 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

You're right now that I watch it again. 

The whole line shift on the play is weird.

Actually, if you think about it, is it more likely the whole line screwed up with that shift left, or that Sam screwed up and rolled right thinking it was a different play?

Bootlegs like that frequently have the line flowing like that to simulate a run and get the DL and LBs flowing that direction, creating separation between them and the crossing receiver. That appears to be a smart/disciplined play from the DE who stayed home or perhaps was even schemed to be watching for exactly that type of action on that play.