• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Royce Freeman picked up by Houston

CRA

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think CMC is great and I love Chuba. 

But if the season is already over? I would want to limit how much damage they take going forward.  

If Rhule can he will smash them I into D’s playing the run 40 times a week….as we lose? Not a fan of that.  Why not keep Royce and grind him some.  

we haven’t even gotten to the hard part yet lol.  

Abdullah did more in his short time here to take over as the 3rd back in the line up plus he doubles as a returner.

Royce was supposed to be a good pass blocker but he never lived up to that.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Abdullah did more in his short time here to take over as the 3rd back in the line up plus he doubles as a returner.

Royce was supposed to be a good pass blocker but he never lived up to that.

You keep talking about passing protection, 3rd down RB, etc …like we will want to attempt that.  That’s glass breaking emergency play at this point.  

I’m talking to finish out a long season attempting to run all game vs fronts playing it.   Some good ones too. Our guys are going to get hammered.  I’m talking about preserving and limiting hits on guys we actually value after this year.  

season is over.  

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

You keep talking about passing protection, 3rd down RB, etc …like we will want to attempt that.  That’s glass breaking emergency play at this point.  

I’m talking to finish out a long season attempting to run all game vs fronts playing it.   Some good ones too. Our guys are going to get hammered.  I’m talking about preserving and limiting hits on guys we actually value after this year.  

season is over.  

I didn't say 3rd down back, I said the 3rd back. We don't need 4 RBs on the roster even with the amount of running we are thinking of doing.

Season is over according to you and other fans but not the staff.

Edited by Panthercougar68

6 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I didn't say 3rd down back, I said the 3rd back. We don't need 4 RBs on the roster even with the amount of running we are thinking of doing.

Season is over according to you and other fans but not the staff.

I mean the Lions season isn’t over either. 

But yeah, Freeman actually has the 2nd best ypc behind CMC.  Almost a tie. 3.8 vs 3.7.    He is by far the most built RB for punishment and that is what our game plan is going to be.  To smash the RBs into DLs with a D playing it.  

do we need him? Again, no.  We can run CMC over and over between the tackles.  Hubbard too.   In a wasted season, I just think you should limit the pounding your future actually takes.  Especially the pointless pounding that some games present.

Too much to be pissed about than a 4th string RB getting cut cause the team needs the spot. I liked freeman and they claimed him for free, not too much to get upset about. 

Abdullah as others have said offers more ST value and ran HARD in his first game, much more than freeman did. He also is a better clone of CMC than freeman. Just the numbers deal and nothing to get up in arms about. Saving my anger for Rhule QBs decisions, OL, ST, and Gringer cringer 

36 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

how are the last two years of draft picks looking?

2020 is all on brown, Chinn and YGM. Roy has been solid backup so far as well. 

2021 all over the map and still too early.

FYI if you get 2 starters and one ST ace/top backup thats a good draft. I think both can at least have that result, but the thing is this team was devoid of talent starting in 2020....so..