• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers agree to terms with Cam Newton.

Zod

Just now, TheRumGone said:

If kyler plays we’re gonna be looking at cam needing to put up a fugton of points. Even with this ELITE defense, this offense were going against is ridiculous. I don’t think we’re gonna win this game. If we do and cam plays well, the Carolina legend he is will just continue to grow.

You're killing my optimism here 😉

I do think it's a tough game. Arizona's D is pretty good and I don't think we will have an easy time rushing against it if we can't get the thread of the passing game going... But hopefully a couple of strikes from Cam can open things up.

I do wish this move was made on Monday... Give Cam a full week... But now this is a real test of Brady's ability to coach IMO.

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I don't dislike him.

I really dislike the people that try to make him into some kind of  deity.

The guy was a great football player for us. One of the best we've ever had.

I am disappointed he never maxed out his potential. 

I'll never understand why you guys blow off him not jumping on that fumble. There's no other QB we've had that wouldn't have.

I see no point in bringing him back. It doesn't get us anywhere.

I hope I'm wrong and he's back to 2015 form.

40457D5D-96AA-4DE5-94A3-CA0015F0C0F3.gif.3b8b6f78a757cd08b4c8d0556dc8cb33.gif

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I hope so too, but let’s be honest, Cam has to play behind this O line. How many weeks you think he will last ? I’m not trying to be funny here.  

Honestly, I think it changes how defenses have to work against us. Cam may not have much of an arm left, but he can be a bruising runner and there's not a fear factor he's working under. Also, unlike most of Darnold's games so far, CMC is back there now and that gives opposing defenses two wild cards to account for. If you put a spy on each one of them, you're going to run out of rushers or coverage guys.

Look, I don't think this will make us into contenders, especially looking the barrel of the remainder of the season (whew, that's some stout competition ahead), but it should be fun. And now with Paradis and Erving out, we've got yet another reshuffle of the line. Whoever takes to the forefront of that group and makes the starting lineup will be working with a mobile QB that makes the RPO an actual threat. Hopefully Brady can actually work with this rather than being hidebound to the partial playbook he snagged from his time in New Orleans.

Cam also will bring some accountability to the line while they are the field. He has no problem calling someone out for not doing their job. It might even help with the dropsies the receivers have been having.

The idea of Robby cussing out Cam is just laughable. If Robby drops two passes in a game, chances are he'll sit on the bench for the rest of the season.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

Can he win a Superbowl this year?

If not he doesn't belong.

The only thing that matters is having someone with the potential to win it all.

I don't give a schit about winning 10 games a year. 

There can only be 1 Superbowl winner. It's a team sport as proven in last SB loss. Rather be in contention than not even on the map.