• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where is this 'win now' mentality coming from?

Ivan The Awesome

1 minute ago, CRA said:

We have a top 5 D and CMC.  I mean, I don’t know if we are actually in a win now mode.  But we are in….you can’t actually really suck and get away with it area given what we got.  

Top 5??? brah. CMC is in the "waiting to land back on IR" level. 

I do feel the team can still barely make the playoffs, even with the awful play, they are .5 away form playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I do feel the team can still barely make the playoffs, even with the awful play, they are .5 away form playoffs. 

Imagine what our defense would be if they could actually rest with our offense extending plays, or didn’t have to defend short fields from offensive turnovers. Our defense is very talented this year, especially with Gilmore back there and Shaq getting healthier. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

We have the #2 ranked defense.  And we managed that while playing horrific offense.     Which is an amazing feat. 

what do you want to call our defense if not top 5? 

I wasn’t even talking playoffs.  I’m just saying you can’t really have CMC and a top 5 D and suck badly….and just get away with it.   If your QB play is that bad that it implodes that to a 5 win season….well, that is a front office imploding a season IMO.    Most teams in the NFL have 2 QBs better than Sam.    Front office has more than just egg on its face. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don’t think I we can lump Teddy and Sam as the same type mistakes. 

I mean what they did going all in on Sam is a completely different level than the Teddy thing IMO.  Teddy helped get the new system installed and running in a COVID world.   He was at least competent.  Team always competitive. We probably have a winning season right now with him still here.   

The all in on Sam thing really isn’t forgivable in the way Teddy was.   Just mind boggling what they were thinking there. 

I think both are fails and each has their faults. No other team has poo the bed like the panthers. They poo the bed and thought flipping the mattress was the solution. Sam faults include draft picks.....Teddy got I think 30 million form the panthers in ONE year. Just laid in poo both times.... 

Only Panthers/Rhule could pull off this QB circus in the last two years

GIF by Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey

Edited by Basbear

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

We have the #2 ranked defense.  And we managed that while playing horrific offense.     Which is an amazing feat. 

what do you want to call our defense if not top 5? 

I wasn’t even talking playoffs.  I’m just saying you can’t really have CMC and a top 5 D and suck badly….and just get away with it.   If your QB play is that bad that it implodes that to a 5 win season….well, that is a front office imploding a season IMO.    Most teams in the NFL have 2 QBs better than Sam.    Front office has more than just egg on its face. 

It doesnt feel like top 5, Im thinking they are around 12th ranking in whatever ranking. Still lots of ball to be played AND the schedule has reached the hard part. The 600 yards the fuging viking hung on them and dallas doing whatever they wanted while getting 8 yards per(it felt like). That doesnt feel top 5. Against rookie QBs and weak Os, yea panthers may have a top 5. Against top ten Os, panthers D seem they can not over-come. Thus I got them about 12ish..They are going for it and I think they feel the same about D as you.  

Edited by Basbear

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Imagine what our defense would be if they could actually rest with our offense extending plays, or didn’t have to defend short fields from offensive turnovers. Our defense is very talented this year, especially with Gilmore back there and Shaq getting healthier. 

They would be more rested and have more energy, it would improve the D if the O was just a tab bit better at scores and TOP. I know many of the scores the D "gave" up were due to the O fuging up and giving a short field for the D to play on. Plenty of times the D came away with FGs and that was a WIN. 

TB will test the D for sure...

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, Basbear said:

It doesnt feel like top 5, Im thinking they are around 12th ranking in whatever ranking. Still lots of ball to be played AND the schedule has reached the hard part. The 600 yards the fuging viking hung on them and dallas doing whatever they wanted while getting 8 yards per(it felt like). That doesnt feel top 5. Against rookie QBs and weak Os, yea panthers may have a top 5. Against top ten Os, panthers D seem they can not over-come. Thus I got them about 12ish..They are going for it and I think they feel the same about D as you.  

Regardless of what you feel we are 2 in yds per game and 7 in pts per

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

First off. I love Cam, glad he is back, let's all keep jerking off to that. 

Anyway, In the presses from Rhule and Fitterer, both of them have this win now mentality. When we all know that this team is not equipped to do that. This team is a whole ass o-line away from being competitive. Yes that Defense is fantastic but nothing is going to mask the turnstiles we have for offensive linemen. Not even Cam. 

This team is literally back to square one. You get rid of Cam because of 'health' issues, bring in Teddy Asswater, then hitch your wagon on the Ghost train and now go back to your Ex because it's what you know. 

I know people are happy but fug I am pissed off that they COULD HAVE AVOIDED ALL THIS poo IF THEY KEPT CAM fuging NEWTON IN THE FIRST PLACE AND GAVE HIM A SHOT!!! Now you're down several picks that you need to fix this shitty line. And you expect Cam to make a something out of this pile of dog poo you call an offensive line? 

The fug am I missing here?

I hear ya and agree.  The "what am I missing here" as it applies to why bring Cam back now ... I think if they went forward with CJ & Barkley for the rest of the season that would basically be throwing in the towel and tanking for a draft pick of which you probably piss off half the locker room full of people you probably want part of your team next year .... so to me it was either lose the locker room for good or bring a QB in (in this case Cam is probably the best out there) and give the team at least a chance of winning games, and maybe playoffs if they can get even average to good QB play.  That to me that is the why.   

19 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Regardless of what you feel we are 2 in yds per game and 7 in pts per

Much better than I thought, I value points more than yards. @ForJimmy already stated D would(well should) play better given the AWFUL display O has had over the few few weeks. So 7th in points would be top 5.......I want to see were they are after the game against the yucs. Im not the best on hopium in panthers reguards, but man do I want to reach the playoffs!

For the whole dam season ST and O have done NO FAVORs to the D. I need to remember that.

• Beer 1