• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where was Gilmore?

Luciu5

I saw the play where he may have injured his hand or wrist, but before that play I don't remember seeing him. Whenever I'd look for him, never saw his number. Saw Henderson played quite a bit. Was it me just overlooking him constantly or was he not out there most plays?

I assume he did not play at all post injury, but I stopped looking for him after the injury.

Fairly certain he didn’t play the rest of the game.

There wasn’t an injury update but I believe one of the Twitter sports docs indicated that he may have dislocated a finger.

With that said, it’s nice to have a GM that places a premium on having an elite secondary in a passing league.

Donte Jackson, Stephon Gilmore, C.J. Henderson, A.J. Bouye, Keith Taylor, Myles Hartsfield, Rashaan Melvin, Stanley Thomas-Oliver, Jeremy Chinn, Juston Burris, Sam Franklin, Sean Chandler, Kenny Robinson… then Jaycee Horn and Troy Pride on IR… I can’t think of a better secondary in the NFL.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5
  • The D 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Gilmore got back on and played in the 2nd half.  

you probably didn’t notice him because he was erasing people from existing.  Green had 1 catch for 4 yards.   Weak QBs for the most part just aren’t going to tempt fate by throwing his way much. 

I don’t think most of realize it yet.  Best player on the field might not actually be CMC.  

Exactly, they were like don't even throw over there, just try D-Jack

2 minutes ago, SJTFG said:

We need to extend Gilmore ASAP he a s true SHUTDOWN corner if Horn is as good as he was WOW we won't need any more help back there 

$35 m in cap space next year (i think), not including draft

Jackson, Gilmore, Reddick, possibly Cam

need an oline

someone has to go

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cardinals offense was pretty quiet so not much to see outside of Donte's plays, didn't see Chinn much either but he had nothing to do lol

That's why Chinn hasn't been making as many huge plays. It's not that he hasn't been good, he has still been good, the pass rush and rest of the secondary has just done the heavy lifting. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

That's why Chinn hasn't been making as many huge plays. It's not that he hasn't been good, he has still been good, the pass rush and rest of the secondary has just done the heavy lifting. 

Yeah Shaq and Luvu have exceeded expectations as well, a good problem to have

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

$35 m in cap space next year (i think), not including draft

Jackson, Gilmore, Reddick, possibly Cam

need an oline

someone has to go

I mean if you can keep Gilmore and the cost is losing Jackson.  That’s an easy call.  

give me the Gamecock duo on the outside 

Reddick probably the most important guy to keep