• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam: the answer to our offensive woes

Peon Awesome

5 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Heinicke will "Rudy" his way to some short try hard magic plays here and there. It's going to be hard to bottle him up, but he shouldn't put up big numbers.

I liked him as a backup here but he's a always a couple sacks away from being knocked out of the game. With our D I like the RPO like others, even if you know we're gonna do it you still have to pick either Cam/CMC or the slant and it wears D's down, keeps our D fresh

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Honestly I’ve always thought that with a QB like Cam every single rushing play should be a read option? Why the hell not? Cam is so good at it that he makes the correct decision 9/10 times. We can absolutely kill teams on this one play. Really not many teams feature it anymore. 

And there is no chance in hell, none, that the Washington backup DE's are going to be ready for it. There is zero chance they can stop it. None.

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

Honestly I’ve always thought that with a QB like Cam every single rushing play should be a read option? Why the hell not? Cam is so good at it that he makes the correct decision 9/10 times. We can absolutely kill teams on this one play. Really not many teams feature it anymore. 

You know he's going to pull something out of his ass. It's just expected at this point. All we have to do is limit his success and keep the the pressure on him. He'll crack. Talking about Heiny.

Edited by pantherj
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Basically, Cam would be the wildcat with the read option and the ability / option to throw, give, or keep.  As much as I have always wanted him not to be hit, if he is smart about it, he can do this successfully. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

Well I don't know Cam's stamina as he's older and what has he been doing during his time off? How much can he handle before he's sucking wind. Not really sure.

Edited by pantherj
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Well I don't know Cam's stamina as he's older and what has he been doing during his time off? How much can he handle before he's sucking wind. Not really sure.

Judging by his Youtube videos he works out constantly. He had like 600 rushing yards and 12 rushing TD's with the Patriots last year, just didn't get much love from the record and the empty Covid stadiums bringing no energy

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I'm just happy that we have an identity on offense and a plan of attack. With Sam I just thought like "well we're gonna lose" and that was about it.

With Sam, when the defense got a turnover, I'd yell at the screen that they better take it all the way because that's the only way we can get a TD.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Luciu5 said:

With Sam, when the defense got a turnover, I'd yell at the screen that they better take it all the way because that's the only way we can get a TD.

It killed me watching Sam just hold the ball in the pocket... and hold it... and I would just scream at the tv DO SOMETHING! Sam killed my soul. I couldn't take it anymore.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, pantherj said:

It killed me watching Sam just hold the ball in the pocket... and hold it... and I would just scream at the tv DO SOMETHING! Sam killed my soul. I couldn't take it anymore.

Getting the film clips later in the week I was like somebody has to be open after 3 seconds, and there either was someone open or a 5-10 yard running lane every time

• Pie 1