• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are seeing the end of Cam's career

Hayden Panettiere

15 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

5/21 92 yards 2 int vs a 4-7 team

Bridgwater, Darnold, etc have never had that poor of a performance. Cam was a whole new level of bad.. So much that whatever he did the previous 2 weeks doesn't even matter. His performance lost him all credibility. PJ Walker should be the starter next week and its not even debatable

There are so many problem with the knee-jerk-Cam's-done hot takes.

Did you even watch the game?  Did you see our OLine?  Yea, it was the worst it's been all season.

Do you judge a QB by one game, really?  Why not choose Sam's game against the Jets, or Saints and judge him on that?  Or TB5's first game against Atlanta last year?

And again, did you watch the game?  Did you really look at those plays?  Why is it that our receivers are not running open?  It seems that there is always a contested catch or defender closing down.  Our play design is not very good.

It's so disheartening to see our fan base act like a bunch of children when it comes to their "hot takes".  I said it when Cam came in and I'll keep saying it now.  He may succeed or he may fail, but we won't know if Cam is still an NFL QB until the season is over.  We brought a guy off his couch to play the hardest position in football on a team that isn't very good.  Two weeks in we can't suddenly determine his success or failure.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 3

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

There are so many problem with the knee-jerk-Cam's-done hot takes.

Did you even watch the game?  Did you see our OLine?  Yea, it was the worst it's been all season.

Do you judge a QB by one game, really?  Why not choose Sam's game against the Jets, or Saints and judge him on that?  Or TB5's first game against Atlanta last year?

And again, did you watch the game?  Did you really look at those plays?  Why is it that our receivers are not running open?  It seems that there is always a contested catch or defender closing down.  Our play design is not very good.

It's so disheartening to see our fan base act like a bunch of children when it comes to their "hot takes".  I said it when Cam came in and I'll keep saying it now.  He may succeed or he may fail, but we won't know if Cam is still an NFL QB until the season is over.  We brought a guy off his couch to play the hardest position in football on a team that isn't very good.  Two weeks in we can't suddenly determine his success or failure.

Thanks for demonstrating what actual cognition looks like. This is 1000% factual.

• Pie 1

On 11/28/2021 at 9:30 PM, Hayden Panettiere said:

cause the way he played today is the reason he was sitting on the couch and his days of starting is over.

If he wants to stick around the league he is going have to swallow his pride and either be a backup or accept the Taysom Hill Role cause he is not a starting QB anymore.

Give me the name of one qb who could do better than average behind our terrible o-line and working with an OC who should be designing plays in college. 

• Beer 1

people miss the fact that Cam has been an average QB his entire career, he was average at Florida & Auburn, sure he set records but most were for his legs not his arm. He was often the best athlete on the field which does not make a good QB. Did Carolina get him killed? They sure did but name me a QB with a chip that was better with his legs than his arm, I'll wait....

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Stone13 said:

people miss the fact that Cam has been an average QB his entire career, he was average at Florida & Auburn, sure he set records but most were for his legs not his arm. He was often the best athlete on the field which does not make a good QB. Did Carolina get him killed? They sure did but name me a QB with a chip that was better with his legs than his arm, I'll wait....

Cam wasn't average at Auburn.   

Cam had 30 TDs in the air with a 66% pass completion.  Which is what Trevor Lawerence averaged per season.     

• Beer 1
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cam wasn't average at Auburn.   

Cam had 30 TDs in the air with a 66% pass completion.  Which is what Trevor Lawerence averaged per season. 

He averaged around 10 yards per pass on good days, never good with the deep ball and he was definitely a better runner than passer even then. I watched his whole career, he was never good with the deep ball and that showed when he got to the NFL, his game never changed. Stud athlete, poor QB.

29 minutes ago, Stone13 said:

He averaged around 10 yards per pass on good days, never good with the deep ball and he was definitely a better runner than passer even then. I watched his whole career, he was never good with the deep ball and that showed when he got to the NFL, his game never changed. Stud athlete, poor QB.

Trevor Lawerence averaged 8 yards per pass attempt at Clemson

Cam Newton wasn't average at Auburn.  He was a one man freakshow and owner of one of the greatest football seasons in the history of college football. 

What he did in the pros has nothing to do with how his college career is viewed.  It's like The Golden Calf of Bristol.  The Golden Calf of Bristol is a college GOAT.  A NFL chump.   But the fact he couldn't play in the NFL doesn't mean he wasn't great in college. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Trevor Lawerence averaged 8 yards per pass attempt at Clemson

Cam Newton wasn't average at Auburn.  He was a one man freakshow and owner of one of the greatest football seasons in the history of college football. 

What he did in the pros has nothing to do with how his college career is viewed.  It's like The Golden Calf of Bristol.  The Golden Calf of Bristol is a college GOAT.  A NFL chump.   But the fact he couldn't play in the NFL doesn't mean he was great in college. 

And Lawrence is underperforming as alot of us expected. Cam was average to below average @ Florida and had 1 great season @ Auburn after gaining 20lbs of rip & sitting out almost 2 years. He's always been a fantastic athlete that can't be denied, but not a great QB. One good college season does not make for a good QB, he took us to the Superbowl but that was with his legs, not his arm. Von Miller said the entire game plan was to cut Cam's time in the pocket and he wouldn't be able to hit the side of a barn proved to be pretty correct. We hired 2 almost 7 foot tall receivers and Cam still overthrew them. He did alot for the organization, but the Cam worship has to stop, Delhomme also took us to the superbowl with far less athletic ability.

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Stone13 said:

And Lawrence is underperforming as alot of us expected. Cam was average to below average @ Florida and had 1 great season @ Auburn after gaining 20lbs of rip & sitting out almost 2 years. He's always been a fantastic athlete that can't be denied, but not a great QB. One good college season does not make for a good QB, he took us to the Superbowl but that was with his legs, not his arm. Von Miller said the entire game plan was to cut Cam's time in the pocket and he wouldn't be able to hit the side of a barn proved to be pretty correct. We hired 2 almost 7 foot tall receivers and Cam still overthrew them. He did alot for the organization, but the Cam worship has to stop, Delhomme also took us to the superbowl with far less athletic ability.

No point even talking about FL with Cam.  He had like 6 pass attempts.   

You called him an average QB at Auburn.  I disagreed.

and Trevor sucking with Urban with the Jags.....doesn't really mean anything when talking about college.  Trevor wasn't an average college QB either. 

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Jacksonville is much more eager to see Urban gone than we are Rhule.   Urban running the biggest shitshow in the NFL right now.     

Hard to say Trevor is underperforming given what Urban has going on.  And I am a Trevor stan, and I easily predicted his season wouldn't be great.  That was a pretty easy call with Urban. 

On this we agree, these College coaches just aren't cutting it. We signed Rhule for like 60 million, I don't know how much of that is guaranteed so I don't know if we get rid of him anytime soon. 

I mean whether he still has good ball left in him or not we are literally in the twilight of his career. If dude is still trucking his way into endzones in his mid to late 30s he's unprecedented, and I think even with good pas protection it's too late for him to become the sort of pocket statue that could play at a high level in his 40s.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen some stuff that suggests Notre Dame is Meyer's dream job but I don't know how true that is.

I hope he goes there.  I like hating on Notre Dame.  That just makes it even more fun too. 

I don’t see Urban making it two actual seasons in the NFL.