• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule 3rd year success (Does history repeat itself?)

Leotiger

5 minutes ago, HotelSoapy! said:

I think Teddy in year 2 of the system could have gotten this team to at least 7 or 8 wins. That would have technically been considered improvement. 

I wonder whose decision it was to get rid of Teddy?

Have we decided not to hold people accountable for their decisions?

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I wonder whose decision it was to get rid of Teddy?

Have we decided not to hold people accountable for their decisions?

Giving up a second round pick for the worst starting QB in the league the prior 3 seasons was pretty dumb yeah. I don't blame him for wanting for wanting to move on from Teddy though. Justin Fields or Mac Jones would have been my choice.

• Pie 1

Just now, HotelSoapy! said:

Giving up a second round pick for the worst starting QB in the league the prior 3 seasons was pretty dumb yeah. I don't blame him for wanting for wanting to move on from Teddy though. Justin Fields or Mac Jones would have been my choice.

I seriously don't think it would have made much of a difference who was the QB this season.  The play calling is questionable at best.  The OC seems to be out of his depth and unable to learn from his mistakes.  The O line is in shambles most weeks and receivers aren't where they're supposed to be and when they are, they're dropping catchable passes.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I seriously don't think it would have made much of a difference who was the QB this season.  The play calling is questionable at best.  The OC seems to be out of his depth and unable to learn from his mistakes.  The O line is in shambles most weeks and receivers aren't where they're supposed to be and when they are, they're dropping catchable passes.

I agree I feel like if they drafted Jones he would have looked like a moron here. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

It was gonna be a bad season regardless but Teddy would have squeezed out the most wins. Fields or Jones would have been nice to have for the long haul.

38 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

Matt Rhule gets 3 years no matter what! Look at all his previous coaching stops 3rd year is the charm !!!!!! Keep Pounding!!

56566725-E06D-4790-8C58-C0EAB4E96934.jpeg

E2E9C8F1-DD0E-46B2-AD0D-814B0BF9DC66.jpeg

The 2020 Panthers look better then the 2021 Panthers who had an easier schedule.

This same time last year we lost on the road to the defending SB champions when our kicker missed a potential game winning field goal.

We lost 33-10 to the Dolphins today.

We've clearly regressed 

Teddy Bridgewater made valid criticisms public about Matt Rhule who towards the end of the season threw Teddy under the bus.

Teddy is known for being a quiet guy, who had nothing bad to say even about the Jets. He was angry about how things went here.

He went to a bad Broncos team and has that team at 6-5 in the race for playoffs. Teddy Arguably had better talent last year here in Carolina.

Even if Matt Rhule is not the problem, he's not been the solution, many times causing locker room issues.

• Pie 2