• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My interest in this team is at an all time low

Ricky Spanish

17 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Glad I am not the only one who feels this way. That pretty much sums my feelings up exactly.

I remember you saying I was ‘crying about’ these things back in October 

I’ve just seen enough to call it as I see it   Gives me zero pleasure.   it really doesnt take long to see if a staff gets the NFL or they don’t   

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I remember you saying I was ‘crying about’ these things back in October 

I’ve just seen enough to call it as I see it   Gives me zero pleasure.   it really doesnt take long to see if a staff gets the NFL or they don’t   

It was a slow burn for me. Rhule had me intrigued and was saying all the right things so I was sipping the kool aid.

Barring us winning out (lol) I’m completely done with him as a coach. He’s a fraud and doesn’t belong in this league.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Meanwhile, the Panthers have changed ownership and become an utter trainwreck. If Rhule is retained it's not out of the question that I could get lured away to whatever Sam Howell's ultimate destination is. I would be at least as interested in following that team as I am this current iteration of the Panthers.

Just being honest. 😞

spacer.png

I still have some hope.

The Defense has gotten a lot more talent and much younger.  That bodes well for the future.

The team has two rookie OL to try out for the rest of the season.  Hopefully at least one of them shows he can be an NFL lineman.   If both do, that's a huge plus.  

The first pick in the draft should be for an OL, which means an immediate starter.  

Dead money on the cap is being significantly reduced next year.

These are all positives.

The QB position is still unclear but Rome wasn't built in a day.   Rebuilds take time and there's a lot to like as to what has been done lately.  I'd rather see the team get built correctly than reach for a sub-par QB this draft and then have to start the whole process over again in 2 years.  

My biggest concern for the team is probably coaching - specifically the OC.  I don't see Joe Brady getting any more skilled with experience.  He  just keeps doing the same poor job.  His lack of growth and lack of adjustments, either in game or over the course of the season, has been troublesome.  I just don't see him getting any better.  So he will need to be replaced.  

Edited by BlitzMonster

Cam's return is pretty much the only thing keeping me even a little interested in this team right now. CMC has gone from a bonafide workhorse superstar that I got into a FF auction draft bidding war for 2-3 years ago to someone who can't stay on the field because he keeps getting over-used when he's healthy. The defense has been figured out. Just run off-tackle with a RB who isn't a shrimp and you're golden. Rhule has gone from an interesting coach who seemed to be making progress to a "culture" salesman with no substance and no answers. I strongly believe that his "culture" would only fly in college at a place like Baylor or Temple. I had hoped Rhule would be an offensive-minded coach but his approach reminds me  of John Fox. Rely on the defense and your running game and get just enough from your QB to win by 3-7 points. Rhule just talks more behind the podium and is more aggressive with his situational playcalling. But Fox was ultra-conservative, so not hard to outdo him in risk-taking.  

• Pie 2

I've looked over all the bottom fish in the NFL and while the Panthers may not be the worst team in the NFL they probably have the worst outlook of any team over the next 5 years....

....from ownership to coaching to front office/scouting and player personnel they seem to have insurmountable problems in the near term to 5 years out at least.....

8 hours ago, therealmjl said:

It was a slow burn for me. Rhule had me intrigued and was saying all the right things so I was sipping the kool aid.

Barring us winning out (lol) I’m completely done with him as a coach. He’s a fraud and doesn’t belong in this league.

It’s bad news for the franchise …all the way around 

who knows, maybe he is some miracle worker 

all I know is I watch a lot of pro  teams play that look like pro teams,  the Panthers aren’t one of them