• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Panthers had one of the worst offensive line performances of our lifetime yesterday

TheSpecialJuan

I am still struggling to comprehend how we aren't at least giving BC playing time in every game.  It would be criminal to walk out of this season without knowing what we have in him.  I mean, in limited time, he's shown growth.  He even had a game where he looked average.

With this line, I'll take average.  A good coaching staff can work with average.

• Pie 1

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-carolina-panthers-offensive-line-sam-darnold

Monson: The Carolina Panthers offensive line is in danger of derailing the Sam Darnold reclamation project

I ran across this June2021 article pertaining to Sam Darnold and the Panthers inept offensive line and the mess he could be heading into at the time. I thought it interesting reading . Please clink on link to view.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-carolina-panthers-offensive-line-sam-darnold

Monson: The Carolina Panthers offensive line is in danger of derailing the Sam Darnold reclamation project

I ran across this June2021 article pertaining to Sam Darnold and the Panthers inept offensive line and the mess he could be heading into at the time. I thought it interesting reading . Please clink on link to view.

I read that at the time and agreed at the time.

Unfortunately, it seems that Brady isn't the guru everyone thought he was.  Maybe a step up from Gase.  Maybe?

What we effectively did was talk ourselves into the idea that Sam's problem was the situation.  That's all fine and dandy, but what we followed up with was putting Sam back into nearly the exact same situation.  A line whose play demanded he be a very fast decision maker and a scheme that might not be very good.

Definition of insanity.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 11/30/2021 at 10:12 AM, Geno6316 said:

So much for the argument it's Darnolds fault. The Panthers o-line is worse than the Jet's  ever was when Darnold was there. And that's saying something. 

Darnold is absolutely part of the blame. He holds on to the ball and makes terrible reads when he has time. Our line last week was a disaster, but we have had a different combination every week (which is part of the problem). Tua’s line has been worse this season and he hasn’t looked nearly as bad as Sam. 

14 hours ago, T-Wazzle said:

Said it before and will say it again, cut all our guys cept Moron and sign whatever the best o-line in the CFL was in entirety: better line than what we have now.

You have to start at the top. The guys who drafting and the coaches. It appears that the Tepper train has jack knixed. Whole train gone off the track.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Darnold is absolutely part of the blame. He holds on to the ball and makes terrible reads when he has time. Our line last week was a disaster, but we have had a different combination every week (which is part of the problem). Tua’s line has been worse this season and he hasn’t looked nearly as bad as Sam. 

When they decided they were gonna try to rebuild Darnold, the absolute first priority should have been building a great offensive line.

What really sours me on Matt Rhule though is that I think in his mind, he believed that's what he was doing.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Why has the o line coach not been fired? A showing like that demands an immediate firing.

I think it'll probably happen at season's end. Could happen sooner I suppose, don't know.

Whether or not the problems are actually his fault would be a valid question.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think it'll probably happen at season's end. Could happen sooner I suppose, don't know.

Whether or not the problems are actually his fault would be a valid question.

It’ll be interesting if Rhule goes against his ‘I don’t fire coaching staff’ rule.

Bad players will turn in bad performances, but having a line turn in a historically bad performance is more than just bad players being bad. A ‘winning culture’ should have zero tolerance for that crap.

• Pie 1