• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dane Brugler Mock Draft 1.0 (from The Athletic)

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I like Pickett a lot and would have no issue taking him top-10, but we MUST address the OL before putting a rookie QB on the field.

You don't have to put him on the field, you can let him sit on the bench for a year.  If you wait to get your QB to when everything is perfect you might never find one.

If a QB that you like is available, you take him if you have that opportunity.  If you draft an OL this year there is no guarantee there will be a QB you like the following year, or even if you like one, he might not be available where you pick.

I'm not saying you force the pick this year, maybe its next year where a QB is available to you where you pick.  My point is they are hard to find, if you like one and he is available take him

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Having watched Willis against Mississippi State, I'd have to agree.

For the record, Brugler doesn't have WIllis going in the first. Pickett, Howell and Corral are his first round passers, with only Pickett going top ten.

Go check out his games against other P5 teams and upper end G5 teams. It's really bad. 

56 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

What is your idea of 1st round caliber?  Luck and Trevor?

What about Watson?  Mahomes?  Lamar?  Herbert?  I guess you wouldn't draft them either.  There will be a QB this year that will have a similar grade to those 4 on most teams boards.

At the time I wasn't a huge fan of Lamar. Other than that, all 1st round caliber guys.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

To be honest, I’d say that Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields and Jones all would be or have a high probability to be the top QB taken this year. We really have fallen into the Marty 2.0 mode of draft preparation where we reach for need positions in the worst years and ignore them in deep years. We went with Little in a bad OT class/great IOL class and went DT in a strong OT class. We also went expensive middling to bad vet QBs in two decent QB classes and now I’ll likely go QB in one of the worst QB classes in years.

Everyone keeps saying that none from this class would have gone before the top 4 last year.  Good chance that Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, and Rodgers wouldn't have either.

39 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

and most of them probably had similar grades to the guys this year.

Trubisky went before those guys.  Those guys had question marks. 

Yeah, I was definitely not a Trubisky fan.

They didn't have similar grades. I literally told you my grades for them. How are you arguing my grades when you asked me for them? I don't even understand how that's a thing.

Edited by kungfoodude

33 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You really had Mahomes as a first rounder? I thought he played in a gimmick offense. Obviously I was wrong… 

In the first round? Yeah, not as high as he went. 

I get the "Texas Tech gimmick offense" thing. He just seemed to have more NFL tools than their average "system" QB. 

Would I ever have predicted him to be what he has become? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no.

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I was definitely not a Trubisky fan.

They didn't have similar grades. I literally told you my grades for them. How are you arguing my grades when you asked me for them? I don't even understand how that's a thing.

I do wonder what would have happened had Trubisky been drafted at a more reasonable position than #2 overall.

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Two things:

I think we will be picking a lot higher then 10.

Is Pickett a top 10 qb?  He had a great year, makes nfl throws but damn I just dont know.  When you pick a qb in the top 10 and he doesnt work more times than not your poo is fuged for a long long time

Our poo is already fuged.  They need qb's, yes plural.  The oline is right there with it I agree.  But they are looking at 5 needed starters and several decent backups between the qb and oline positions.  That is pretty fuged of you ask me.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I do wonder what would have happened had Trubisky been drafted at a more reasonable position than #2 overall.

Hard to say. As always, I am a big believer in the NFL being a self motivating league. If you have "it" then you will work to be the best and success will come at some point. 

If you never see Trubisky ascend above a journeyman backup player then he was probably what his detractors said about him at the time, a one year wonder that got overdrafted in a weak QB draft.

• Pie 1