• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting nugget from Rhule’s Brady presser

CRA

On 12/6/2021 at 7:24 PM, CanadianCat said:

I wonder about a few things.. 

So Rhule was brought in to be a team builder. The thought always was that this was going to take a few seasons. I was cool with that. Lets do this right.

But suddenly the narrative was 'we are ready to win now'. No we weren't.

So why did the message change? 

Unfortunately the only thing I can think of is Tepper..... 

Winning changes expectations. Every single fan bought into it whether they care to admit it or not, and then we lost CMC and the issues of the interior oline could no longer be masked. 

On top of it, we are a young team that is still growing. 

Yet, the patience for the rebuild has been tossed out by the fans, because of to high expectations, and not enough reality. 

This team still needs more talent, and needs to grow. 

Firing Rhule will his the reset button on the rebuild, not that it probably matters.much at this moment, but i also don't feel this is Rhule's fault.

With that being said, I'll be ready for whatever when it happens. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Winning changes expectations. Every single fan bought into it whether they care to admit it or not, and then we lost CMC and the issues of the interior oline could no longer be masked. 

On top of it, we are a young team that is still growing. 

Yet, the patience for the rebuild has been tossed out by the fans, because of to high expectations, and not enough reality. 

This team still needs more talent, and needs to grow. 

Firing Rhule will his the reset button on the rebuild, not that it probably matters.much at this moment, but i also don't feel this is Rhule's fault.

With that being said, I'll be ready for whatever when it happens. 

Totally.

Looking at the positives--at least his drafts have netted us some decent guys to have around for a bit post-regime, notably:

Chinn, YGM, Horn, Brady C, Tremble, Chuba, Taylor all seem like solid contributors to keep.  Brown hasn't been what I thought but can see grow into a better, above avg DT.  Wouldn't classify him as a bust more so a missed opportunity pick --Wirfs and Wills 😞  Unsure about Marshall and Shi but they could be good. And then Hoskins has flashed for being such a deep pick.  

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Hard to call what Rhule is doing a real rebuild though. 

Rebuilding teams don't sign Teddy and then Darnold back to back to those contracts....and mortgage draft picks in the process of doing so. 

Noticed that too and it was weird. I'm sure other teams have similar stuff but everything about the offense should start and end with the OC...have to have one guy with a vision and the command authority all while taking in advice and metrics from other places....I sure hope it isn't how it sounded when I first heard it too.