• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

👀

Icege

8 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

with four games to play in 2012 we were mired at 3-9 and ron was a dead man walking. we'd just dropped a winnable game to the chiefs and the huddle wanted blood.

then we went on a run, beating atlanta (iirc cam had yet to beat them) drubbing san diego on the road, throttling oakland, and then dropping a forty burger on the saints to close out on a hot streak. this was widely credited to the team finally collectively turning a corner and learning how to win as they bought into ron's program.

i don't think rhule has the right stuff, and i don't see him turning a corner like that, but given how program building works i think it would be catastrophically short sighted not to let him close out the season. no one else on the staff is capable of taking over as head coach next year, so you gain nothing by giving them a shot. if we fire rhule tomorrow we are the browns.

The teams the Panthers played down the stretch in 2012 were a bunch of bottom feeders. The end of the 2021 schedule is the Super Bowl champions led by the best QB ever TWICE, the team that almost beat them in their own house today, and the team that always beats us in their house.

Prepare to not see another win until fall of 2022 and probably have a new coach next year either way. 

4 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

With the benefit of hindsight, the 2012 roster was a whole lot better than what we have now.  Also, that 2012 stretch to end the season was a lot easier than what we are about to face. I don't think it's a valid reason to keep him around to see if he can turn a corner. We all know that isn't gonna happen at this point. There is no tangible benefit to firing him now other than appeasing angry fans, but damn if I wouldn't love for it to happen. 

As was said above firing him now mean we can interview potential coaches earlier. Letting him play out the season will put us at a disadvantage.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I missed the game today, what are the cliff notes? About to check the Youtube lowlights

cam sucks

coaching sucks

Daley played more WR than oline

PJ has compromising nudes of Rhule

falcons plan to keep Ryan after retirement solely to use as Jerome Bettis 2.0 vs. the Panthers

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

ehh there are corollaries to the 2021 squad there as well

No.

We have no QB.

Our RB is busted.

Our receivers can’t catch.

Our TE is an H-Back.

OL is horrid.

Brown is a bust.

Burns is overrated.

Reddick is okay.

Chinn is out of position.

Horn is hurt.

Henderson was a waste.

Carter is a back up.

Gilmore is old. 

• Pie 6

I get that replacing Rhule now wouldn't solve much considering our options if that happened.

Could we get a temp to play the rookies at their best projected spots? If yes pull the trigger. Hell, would Rhule's staff even show up anymore or would they just start making plans to move to whatever school they would all herd towards?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

As was said above firing him now mean we can interview potential coaches earlier. Letting him play out the season will put us at a disadvantage.

There's a couple more weeks until we get to where we can begin interviewing. I'd be ok with firing him after next week or after we lose to the Bucs to close out the home schedule without a win at BOA since September.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I get that replacing Rhule now wouldn't solve much considering our options if that happened.

Could we get a temp to play the rookies at their best projected spots? If yes pull the trigger. Hell, would Rhule's staff even show up anymore or would they just start making plans to move to whatever school they would all herd towards?

I thought about this during the game. Maybe the wait to fire Rhule is because everyone else would just leave with him. 

I don’t know.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

with four games to play in 2012 we were mired at 3-9 and ron was a dead man walking. we'd just dropped a winnable game to the chiefs and the huddle wanted blood.

then we went on a run, beating atlanta (iirc cam had yet to beat them) drubbing san diego on the road, throttling oakland, and then dropping a forty burger on the saints to close out on a hot streak. this was widely credited to the team finally collectively turning a corner and learning how to win as they bought into ron's program.

i don't think rhule has the right stuff, and i don't see him turning a corner like that, but given how program building works i think it would be catastrophically short sighted not to let him close out the season. no one else on the staff is capable of taking over as head coach next year, so you gain nothing by giving them a shot. if we fire rhule tomorrow we are the browns.

That’s what I’m afraid of. Some miracle improvement to finish the season allowing him to continue hoodwinking the organization for years to come like Rivera did. 

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

There's a couple more weeks until we get to where we can begin interviewing. I'd be ok with firing him after next week or after we lose to the Bucs to close out the home schedule without a win at BOA since September.

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

I thought about this during the game. Maybe the wait to fire Rhule is because everyone else would just leave with him. 

I don’t know.

You don't have to.

Go back to the info you posted on page one about the rule change. It says that teams can interview as long as they've told their current coach he won't be back, even if he's not officially fired.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1