• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It may not be the QB . . .

BrianS

It may not JUST be the QB....Or JUST Brady...

Sam is a giant failure, he would be lucky to get a backup gig at this point. PJ is maybe a #3, PS guy. Nothing changes there. It took Sam getting out of the way for us to confirm how bad everything else was that was hiding behind his awfulness. 

Cam is fugged here. The staff doesn't like him, doesn't know how to use him and he won't get a shot at a competent offense here this year. No idea what Cam has left but he isn't dragging this crew to wins, lol even when they are not subbing PJ in. 

This has been and will continue to be a group effort in failure. Led by Rhule and then the losers he hired, all of them. Fug'em all.

• Pie 2

The QB always gets the blame, no matter how bad the O line is. I'm not saying we have a good QB on the roster, but how the Hell would we ever know if it keeps up like this? The pitiful play of the O line filters down through pretty much every aspect of the game. That, plus Rhule and Co. are clearly lost. It's a dumpster fire. 

letterkenny GIF by CraveTV

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

It's everyone and everything man.  It has to be scraped after the season just like the coaches.  Where they are going to get the resources to rebuild this offense is beyond me. It's bad, really bad.

That's what is really sad. Fitterer talking about wanting all the picks and acquiring a million last draft just to give them all away this year. They would all be top 10 picks in each round, but we only have like three draft picks! And we owe money to QBs, that may or may not be on the roster! And we have a bunch of assets that at least deserve a look at negotiating to bring back. I thought we were done with the Hurney era! 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Was just going to post something about this...

The troubling thing to me is the offense still just feels so herky jerky...  the rhythm still isn't there, and some of it has to do with the turnovers which are jarring.  When Cam threw that pick yesterday, my jaw just dropped, because again, as I've been saying- this offense is predicated on timing and anticipation.  You can tell a lot of the throws are plays they design with the intent of getting one specific route open.  When Cam threw that, they expected the trail route to be WIDE open.  And 99% of the time, it would be...  And if you listen to Rhule's explanation of what happened, that was exactly what they were thinking.  But then he said, the defense was "mugged" up on the line and usually they're blitzing everyone there, but sometimes they drop a DL who can't usually make that play.  But he said they dropped a "rat" off the backside and he rotated all the way over and picked it off.  His description made it sound like that was something they didn't expect at all, but then he blamed Cam and said despite all of that he had to know "what was in front of him" when he threw the ball.  

So many if our picks are like that.  Now, some of the picks Sam threw weren't even close to the receivers so we have no idea what he was looking at, but some were of the same variety I'm talking about  - trying to throw a comeback route before they hit their break anticipating it will be open, only for the DB to already know what we were running and jump the route.  All of Cam's picks have been of that variety thus far.  Every single one of them, he is anticipating a route to come open based off of the route combination versus the look the defense is giving them pre-snap.  So he throws it when it should come open - and every time the defense has ran the route for the receiver and beat him to his own spot.

People hate Vilma, and he's not my favorite either - but as he said yesterday, there isn't an issue of arm strength or getting the passes there, this is strictly scheme related and being comfortable with what you're seeing and doing.  And its not coincidence that none of our QBs have been comfortable in what they've been asked to do.  2 of the 3 who have played for other teams and staffs have had career worst days under this staff.  

Their scheme is remedial and easily predictable, and we were sliding by before because they hadn't really seen enough to know tendencies and such, but now they have almost 2 years of film on it and they do.  That pick yesterday, they knew exactly where we wanted to throw it based off of tendencies and stats, and they rotated a defender over there and we never saw it.  The OCs don't anticipate or adjust, and the opposing DCs do.  They know whats coming before we run it.  Plain and simple.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

39 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

That's what is really sad. Fitterer talking about wanting all the picks and acquiring a million last draft just to give them all away this year. They would all be top 10 picks in each round, but we only have like three draft picks! And we owe money to QBs, that may or may not be on the roster! And we have a bunch of assets that at least deserve a look at negotiating to bring back. I thought we were done with the Hurney era! 

But he is such a great GM!

This is how Hurney 2.0 really looks like. And people want to allow that fool to pick the next HC. LOL

• Pie 2