• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio & Rich Eisen discuss Rhule & Tepper

BlitzMonster

19 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Being professional and using logic about the team he took over. Give him a real shot at his vision. Does a FULL rebuild only take 2 years now? Like rebuilding the QB(he has failed and still failed), OL, TE, DL, LB, CB, SS, STs etc etc. Like if your boss gives you a huge old strip mall and theres not a fully functioning deluxe condominium its place within 2 years, you stuck and should be fired?

What free unsigned HCs and staffs are out that you want? Doug Petterson has been tossed around, but Im meh at best.....theres no one I can think of were Im like" he is the one and can save this team". Goat Bill is going no where, dont want another college guru, andy reid loves KC BBQ, Macvay is in his heaven's land. No OCs or DCs out there worth a shot, maybe the dallas guy but my god hes soo young. So who do you got/want?

A wasted year in the name of "professionalism"? That seems the opposite of logic.

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I hated it.  We let a ton of talent slide right past us in the name of adding picks.   Who is contributing right now from this draft?

Horn looked amazing before he was hurt.

Hubbard looks pretty good as a backup. Tremble, Taylor and Nixon have all had their moments, as did Marshall when we used him.

Christensen would probably look pretty good too but he's being so poorly handled by this amateur hour coaching staff that it's hard to know.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Horn looked amazing before he was hurt.

Hubbard looks pretty good as a backup. Tremble, Taylor and Nixon have all had their moments, as did Marshall when we used him.

Christensen would probably look pretty good too but he's being so poorly handled by this amateur hour coaching staff that it's hard to know.

I know people don’t like JAGs but I’ll take 1 potential super star and a draft full of rotational talent  which could develop into good talent any day.

Wish we would have picked up another lineman but I’d rather have this draft then that shoe horn abomination from 2016

Edited by Panthercougar68

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For one, the bullsh-t that a guy who had only coached at places like Temple and Baylor (and hadn't even won so much as a conference championship at those places) deserved to have full control of an NFL operation.

Don't care how hot a coach anyone thought Rhule was at the time. That was one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen, and that comes from someone who watched fifteen seasons of Marty Hurney running the team.

I don't really know what you expected.  Isn't a GM and Coach supposed to work together to get the guys the coach wants that fit his scheme.

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I know people don’t like JAGs but I’ll take 1 potential super star and a draft full of rotational talent  which could develop into good talent any day.

Wish we would have picked up another lineman but I’d rather have this draft then that shoe horn abomination from 2016

Fitterer's guidelines on the type of players they wanted were set by Rhule, yet it still worked out pretty well.

Would love to see what happens when you get a better coach in here to work with him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I hated it.  We let a ton of talent slide right past us in the name of adding picks.   Who is contributing right now from this draft?

FYI - I do not judge rookies unless they are cut or make pro-bowl. After the 2nd full off-season I start.

Id have to reaaallly out out on limb and stretch the reasons hardcore.

A tad unfair cause Horn looked like a legit CB, rookie or not.

TMJ, boy...I think Brady was fired for him, Teddy, Sam, and just making bad opinions...

Christ has gotten a few reps and looked "decent" at LT,RG,LG.

Temble looks like the best TE and that means nothing.

Hubbard, ok good 4th rounder. High effort and energy

Taylor- best 5th rounder league wide, jewel of this draft...

Nixon- got IR'd was giving 15-20 high quailty snaps before

Brown- Rhule thinks hes too fat...been non-factor

Shi- non-factor

Forgot name- Long safety that was IR'd to save face. Joke of pick

Hoskins- when fianlly given a jersey, looked petty good for a 7th

Id trade the 2022 3rd for CJ henderson right now again. NO question. Darryl Johnson for a 6th, well thats on Dan morgans plate. Can not expect much form an 6th in any draft. He did get 7th for Greg Little. Got a improved 6th for Perryman who seemed to be be a bad fit(i disagree). 

No GM bats 1.000

Edited by Basbear

3 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I don't really know what you expected.  Isn't a GM and Coach supposed to work together to get the guys the coach wants that fit his scheme.

I'm fine with that sort of arrangement, but ours is not that simple.

Rhule has final say over everything in the program. It's the same model Seattle has with Pete Carroll, but Pete Carroll was a guy with real NFL experience and a far higher level of success at the college level than Matt Rhule.

Giving Rhule that kind of power was like taking the assistant manager at the local McDonald's and making him CEO of the corporation.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Do you want to fire any HC that struggles? If that the case the panthers would have had 21 more HCs during their history. 

No. I want to fire any head coach who struggles while looking utterly clueless with ample signs that he's losing the locker room and instilling a culture of no accountability. Rhule is checking every box. I would feel completely differently if we were struggling whole showing signs of progress. This is the opposite of that. Everyone on the roster looks like they're regression and schematically we look like a mid-major college team. Hmmm... imagine that.

• Pie 3