• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

Just now, Michael G said:

You are probably right, but I can see Rhule getting the axe halfway through next year if we don't win some games early. I wonder if they let him make Nixon OC or go outside for a hire there...It'll be a sign of  how much Tepper still trusts Rhule.

I don’t care if he’s not fired this year I won’t be watching or spending anymore money on this franchise. Tepper has no idea what he’s doing they should hire smart people that have nfl experience, we got screwed when NFL awarded him this team.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just saw: Dan Quinn is turning down the opportunity to interview with the Jaguars.

There's been speculation that the team's decision to keep GM Trent Baalke in place might drive some coaches away.

Unknown whether this is related to that...

Got to be either the jags or texans is the worst NFL HC gig.... I did seee they asked about bryon left and I believe Doug peterson is up for an interview as well. Doug said to the public he has big interest, which was odd..... I think the whole philly org spread some bad rumors about dougie... 

Trent drives away winning NFL coaches, checks notes...

thats bad

Edited by Basbear

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Got to be either the jags or texans is the worst NFL HC gig.... I did seee they asked about bryon left and I believe Doug peterson is up for an interview as well. Doug said to the public he has big interest, which was odd..... I think the whole philly org spread some bad rumors about dougie... 

Trent drives away winning NFL coaches, checks notes...

thats bad

Have heard some speculation that the Bears are gonna go after Pederson.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think that would be the better fit and for sure the better job. I just dont know how well Fields would do in a WC based system. But the bears have a petty good D to lean on until peterson figures out the O.....another issue would be the best WR on the team hates playing for the team and hes a FA. 

36 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just saw: Dan Quinn is turning down the opportunity to interview with the Jaguars.

There's been speculation that the team's decision to keep GM Trent Baalke in place might drive some coaches away.

Unknown whether this is related to that...

Quinn has one more shot and needs to pick his spot. If he fails at his next gig, he's unlikely to ever get a third.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Leftwich is a good fit for the Jags. Pederson is a good fit for Chicago. If Fangio and Zimmer get fired I can see Zimmer in Denver with George Paton.

I can see Bieniemy in Vegas, and Eberflus in Houston if Cully is fired.

Daboll would be a good fit in Minnesota.

8 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Leftwich is a good fit for the Jags. Pederson is a good fit for Chicago. If Fangio and Zimmer get fired I can see Zimmer in Denver with George Paton.

I can see Bieniemy in Vegas, and Eberflus in Houston if Cully is fired.

Daboll would be a good fit in Minnesota.

Bieniemy might make sense in Denver given he has history in Colorado.

Of course, some of that history might keep him out of Colorado.