• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Matt Rhule the most hated person in Panthers history?

ENCPantherfan2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Most hated guy? Don't know.

But I mentioned in another thread that this is as venomous as I can remember seeing the Panthers fanbase be towards the team.

And yes, all the negative feelings about him are rubbing off on David Tepper.

(deservingly so)

The buck stops with David Tepper.

However, until Dave makes a public statement in support of Matt Rhule, all options remain on the table.

I'd like to believe Tepper is waiting for what he considers the best time to take appropriate action.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Beer 2

yea...rhule for sure...only cause i've learned hes a lyin...beady eyed weasel ...with no spine or backbone to take the high road...every time i see that fat jawled face, i just wanna slap the fk out of it... hes cultivated my feelings... booze nose hurney is a close second.

Edited by Pimpdaddy

I think Matt Rhule is an awesome college football coach.  He says the right things and deserved a shot in the NFL.  It hasn’t worked out.  I don’t hate him.  I think he’ll go back to the college ranks and be successful again.

I put the blame on Tepper.  He cares more about championing social issues and building his portfolio than winning football games.  The guy is a billionaire Steelers fan… he owns a soccer team now, too.  He’s not a very good owner, to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He is a big reason we have Rhule.

And at the risk of belaboring the point...

Dave Tepper (after announcing Hurney's firing):  Marty Hurney's a very good evaluator and has a lot of good aspects to him. Me and Matt both learned from Marty a lot. 

https://www.panthers.com/news/david-tepper-sometimes-students-have-to-graduate

Are we doomed as a franchise? 

1.  Matt Rhule

2.  Tie - Tommy Jone, George and Tepper

3.   Remmers 

4.  John Kasay for a day 

5.  Keary Colbert post rookie season.  It wasn’t just that he would drop balls like Robby….it was the smile after he did it. 

26 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

I think Matt Rhule is an awesome college football coach.  He says the right things and deserved a shot in the NFL.  It hasn’t worked out.  I don’t hate him.  I think he’ll go back to the college ranks and be successful again.

I put the blame on Tepper.  He cares more about championing social issues and building his portfolio than winning football games.  The guy is a billionaire Steelers fan… he owns a soccer team now, too.  He’s not a very good owner, to say the least.

Matt Rhule isn’t even an awesome college coach.   Matt Rhule makes Dabo Sweeney look like Vince Lombardi.  

Rhule didn’t do anything in college in reality.  One crap conference title.   That’s the whole resume. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Matt Rhule isn’t even an awesome college coach.   Matt Rhule makes Dabo Sweeney look like Vince Lombardi.  

Rhule didn’t do anything in college in reality.  One crap conference title.   That’s the whole resume. 

Makes one wonder:  Who did Rhule hire as a press agent?  To the point where Matt became a hot commodity w/multiple NFL teams?  It seems ridiculous, with such a thin resume, that anyone would have ever bought into it. 

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Makes one wonder:  Who did Rhule hire as a press agent?  To the point where Matt became a hot commodity w/multiple NFL teams?  It seems ridiculous, with such a thin resume, that anyone would have ever bought into it. 

Trace Armstrong, I think...