• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rank the 2022 QB Draft Class

*FreeFua*

17 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I agree that Malik Willis  has a lot of talent and upside potential .  If the selecting team gives him time to develop, they may be highly rewarded for it.

Willis needs a stable franchise with patience and good coaching.  So pretty much the opposite of Carolina.  

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If we trade back and get a second rounder, and if you are OK with any of the top 5 QBs in round 2, that could be the move.  For example, if we could get Linderbaum (Sp?) C, Iowa and then grab Strong, that might be the move.  I still feel that MAYBE Christensen could prove that he has the foundation to play LT and then we could sign a G in free agency--line should be fixed with a stud C.

Look for Fitterer to shop for a QB in free agency.  I do not see ANY of the picks in this draft ready to start.  Can Darnold play better with protection?  May be our only option.

This doesnt make sense.  We are not trading back and still getting the best center prospect ever.  And we are trading back and only getting a 2nd? 

6 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Willis needs a stable franchise with patience and good coaching.  So pretty much the opposite of Carolina.  

It would be nice to aquire Willis  if the Panthers did not presently need a quality QB that can start right away and positions to fill on the offensive line, sadly they don't have that option.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

In our current state, we're a terrible fit for anyone aspiring to have a successful NFL career. If these clowns are retained I honestly just feel sorry for the kids we draft.

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

In our current state, we're a terrible fit for anyone aspiring to have a successful NFL career. If these clowns are retained I honestly just feel sorry for the kids we draft.

Even worse, when the next Carolina coach comes in (which will almost certainly be 2023) they probably won't want to keep the rookie QB on the roster.   They didn't pick him and have no investment in seeing him succeed.  So the kid, unless he plays like an All Pro in 2022, is likely gone.

All the more reason for the Panthers to go OL in the 2022 draft.  It's the gift that will keep on giving to the franchise even with a coaching change.  

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Even worse, when the next Carolina coach comes in (which will almost certainly be 2023) they probably won't want to keep the rookie QB on the roster.   They didn't pick him and have no investment in seeing him succeed.  So the kid, unless he plays like an All Pro in 2022, is likely gone.

All the more reason for the Panthers to go OL in the 2022 draft.  It's the gift that will keep on giving to the franchise even with a coaching change.  

I hope and pray we don't hire a new coach that thinks like that.  Otherwise, we won't be any better off than we are with Rhule.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I hope and pray we don't hire a new coach that thinks like that.  Otherwise, we won't be any better off than we are with Rhule.  

Pretty much every new coach is like that.  The QB isn't "their guy" so why put tons of time and effort into making him succeed.   And if he does, that just makes the previous regime look good.  

Instead dumping the QB automatically shows how inept the previous coaching staff was.  And gives the new coaches more time since they now have to find and train their own QB. 

It's not how it should be but often how it is.  Realpolitik

5 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

Pretty much every new coach is like that.  The QB isn't "their guy" so why put tons of time and effort into making him succeed.   And if he does, that just makes the previous regime look good.  

Instead dumping the QB automatically shows how inept the previous coaching staff was.  And gives the new coaches more time since they now have to find and train their own QB. 

It's not how it should be but often how it is.  Realpolitik

I haven't seen good coaches give them a try.  I mean Arians tried Jameis for a year, Bill B stuck with Bledsoe for a while until he got lucky with a sixth round pick.  I think a good coach is going to give all existing players a chance and a assessment before he moves to the next guy.  Might be a little quicker to pull the trigger on a cut perhaps.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I haven't seen good coaches give them a try.  I mean Arians tried Jameis for a year, Bill B stuck with Bledsoe for a while until he got lucky with a sixth round pick.  I think a good coach is going to give all existing players a chance and a assessment before he moves to the next guy.  Might be a little quicker to pull the trigger on a cut perhaps.  

My comments were directed toward developmental QB, specifically rookies like Carolina would be drafting.  Not seasoned vets with plenty of good tape like Bledsoe. 

Rookies who haven't played or have played with up and dow results - they tend to get cut much sooner rather than later by new coaching staffs.  

On 12/30/2021 at 7:46 AM, KillerKat said:

Pretty much our only option is to trade down, pick QB with the first pick and oline with the rest. 

If there is no franchise QB just pass altogether. Do you really want another Bridgewater/Darnold caliber QB who you have to replace a yr or 2 from now? Don't force it and just get a play and plug vet QB as a stopgap until there is someone you truly believe in. 

7 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This doesnt make sense.  We are not trading back and still getting the best center prospect ever.  And we are trading back and only getting a 2nd? 

It would take someone like Denver falling for one of the QBs like Corral. They could swap firsts and throw in their 2nd. We grab the Iowa center at 11 followed by Strong/Howel with their second. If we land a G like Schreff in FA we could be rolling out with BC, Schreff, Iowa C, ??, and Moton on the line with Strong or Howell in waiting. We could honestly draft a G in the 4th to compete with Brown/Erving for that final spot. 

7 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

My comments were directed toward developmental QB, specifically rookies like Carolina would be drafting.  Not seasoned vets with plenty of good tape like Bledsoe. 

Rookies who haven't played or have played with up and dow results - they tend to get cut much sooner rather than later by new coaching staffs.  

If you are talking about some guy we might pick up in the fourth round, you might be right.  A first round pick though, any new hire would be hesitant to get rid of him.

Of course, I still have hope that Rhule is gone after 9 Jan.