• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade out of 6 or trade away a player instead?

Reebis21

If we wanted to acquire more pics, would you rather sacrifice #6 overall or a player on the roster?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If we wanted to acquire more pics, would you rather sacrifice #6 overall or a player on the roster?

• Player on roster (Explain who you plan to trade)

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Jesus fuging Christ people.  Due to their contracts there is literally no way we can trade either.  Why are you guys making this so hard?  They literally cannot be traded due to the cap hit. 

14 million with a potential out after next year for a team with deep playoff aspirations? Ya, I’m sure there could be a buyer for CMC. 

2 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

And it still blows my mind people will argue that we are stupid to want Tampa to win this week. In every year we r out of contention, so many self righteous fans will act like we aren’t panthers fans because we are rooting for a better draft pick at the end of the year. Blows my mind.

For us to get that lower pick is near impossible.  We need the Jets and giants both to win.   There is a post on here that breaks it down more.  Just like last week with the taints.  I would rather beat the succaneers and enjoy a win than care bout a draft.  

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

14 million with a potential out after next year for a team with deep playoff aspirations? Ya, I’m sure there could be a buyer for CMC. 

I think it's a possibility. I'm thinking Houston.  They need a face of franchise type cause Watson is ugly.  I think they roll with Mills for one year.  A third and fifth for CMC.  Trade down with Cleveland cause I think they ready to evict Baker from the stadium.  They get a new QB.  We get a top tier lineman and a second round pick.  Win win win.  

8 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

For us to get that lower pick is near impossible.  We need the Jets and giants both to win.   There is a post on here that breaks it down more.  Just like last week with the taints.  I would rather beat the succaneers and enjoy a win than care bout a draft.  

Not only are we jeopardizing falling in the draft with a win, I don't Rhule to be able to hang his hat on anything. I don't want him to be able to say, "look we beat Tom Brady everything is ok". I hope we go out there on Sunday and get our cheeks clapped and it looks as embarrassing for Rhule as possible. It is time for him to go.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

I think it's a possibility. I'm thinking Houston.  They need a face of franchise type cause Watson is ugly.  I think they roll with Mills for one year.  A third and fifth for CMC.  Trade down with Cleveland cause I think they ready to evict Baker from the stadium.  They get a new QB.  We get a top tier lineman and a second round pick.  Win win win.  

I’m gunna have to respectfully disagree with ya here. I think the last thing a team like Houston should do, is trade for a high priced RB who has had back to back injury riddled seasons. They have holes everywhere on that team. They need those picks just as bad as we do.

To trade back you usually need a top heavy type of draft. This draft doesn't have the type of players you want to trade into the top 10 to draft. That means we are likely stuck at the 6th pick.

We need to prepare for next season as though CMC is not on the roster. We need a better RB than Hubbard, and that can be found in free agency.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:44 AM, travisura said:

Package CMC and Robby for a 2nd and a 3rd. Gets rid of their contracts and gets us our middle round picks back bada bing bada boom. Now, to find someone willing to take on their contracts...

Anything less would be a travesty.. that’s just offing there contract … plus after the trade there deals will look below avg since we already paying most the contract …. In many worlds it makes sense for us if we have too .. but we have plenty of cap next… ton dead money coming off the books .. like to keep it that way … let cmac play rebuild his trade value