• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Look Here's The Smart Play

Catsfan69

Do not trade Cmac.

We should trade Burns take advantage of his pro bowl status get a 2nd and 3rd.

Lose and trade the (5th) back and pick up the Iowa center. Roll with BC at left T and sink or swim.

Resign Reddick.

Either keep Gilmore or Djack.

Unless something falls in our Lap Roll with Sam and get 1st pick in 2023 or he blossoms.

Sign Cam for 2mil a year to be our Taysom.

Fire Rhule get a NFL staff.

This will go a long way to fix things.

• Pie 2

The only real fault with this plan, and I'm not against it really, is you have to have someone willing to move up to 5. Typically, that's to get a QB. Unless there's a QB that comes flying up the draft board, there's not going to be a huge trade demand. Could there be some demand for one of the tackles? Possibly. But again, not near as much as there would be for a top QB. 

• Pie 2

Burns definitely has the most trade value, but he is a young pro bowl pass rusher. I value that more than a 2nd and 3rd, unless we can get a good bit more for him. I personally don’t want DJax extended for the amount of money he will cost. He seems very streaky. Love the trading down and still grabbing the Iowa center part if that is possible. Pair him with Moton and BC on the bookends and we have a nice young core on the OL. How do you think we should address the QB position?

• Pie 2

all depends on what we are.  Are we rebuilding? 

I think if we are rebuilding you let Gilmore and Jackson walk in all honesty.   You got Horn and CJ.  Those being your DBs makes the most sense.  And while they aren't Gilmore....we are rebuilding.   Gilmore is a win now player.  We frankly makes little sense to even have him this season if we are rebuilding.   That time would really be better served to be repping someone we hope to grow for the long term. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think if we are rebuilding you let Gilmore and Jackson walk in all honesty.   You got Horn and CJ.  Those being your DBs makes the most sense.  And while they aren't Gilmore....we are rebuilding.   Gilmore is a win now player.  We frankly makes little sense to even have him this season if we are rebuilding.   That time would really be better served to be repping someone we hope to grow for the long term. 

Taylor has shown some promise as well at times. We should still have Bouye next year as a vet/nickel. I just wish we would let Chinn go back to LB and sign another safety. 

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The only real fault with this plan, and I'm not against it really, is you have to have someone willing to move up to 5. Typically, that's to get a QB. Unless there's a QB that comes flying up the draft board, there's not going to be a huge trade demand. Could there be some demand for one of the tackles? Possibly. But again, not near as much as there would be for a top QB. 

Maybe a pass rusher draws desire

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Burns definitely has the most trade value, but he is a young pro bowl pass rusher. I value that more than a 2nd and 3rd, unless we can get a good bit more for him. I personally don’t want DJax extended for the amount of money he will cost. He seems very streaky. Love the trading down and still grabbing the Iowa center part if that is possible. Pair him with Moton and BC on the bookends and we have a nice young core on the OL. How do you think we should address the QB position?

I think unless someone falls in our lap like say a Howell in 2nd or 3rd.

Or a decent pro for nothing roll with Sam and either he is horrible and we get the best QB in 2023 or we make the playoffs. 

We can't trade him and might as well not eat dead cap.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

To piggyback off of this, another problem is that we're sandwiched by the same two teams (Jets and Giants) for the two picks before us and two picks after us. So even if a team does want to trade up, they'll probably find it cheaper to take the second of either team's two picks, than it would be to take our pick.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I love CMC. When healthy I think he's the best non-QB offensive player in the league. The problem is that "when healthy" stipulation. He's barely played the past two seasons. I'm not saying we should definitely trade him, but we should definitely shop him.

Injuries can often just be bad luck.

It's very likely he could be traded then have 8 injury free seasons while we sit here and pine about the one who got away.

How many games have DJax and Gilmore played over the past few years? Can we roll out with Henderson, Horn, Taylor and save that $$$ if we are rebuilding anyway?  Yes.  With Thomas Oliver and Pride behind them, we could get by for a season with all first-contract CBs.  If you consider Hartsfield as the Nickel, I think Bouye, Gilmore, and Jax--all wounded warriors--are expensive to keep.

( I had not read CRA's post before this--same basic page)

Edited by MHS831

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Injuries can often just be bad luck.

It's very likely he could be traded then have 8 injury free seasons while we sit here and pine about the one who got away.

It's possible but it's definitely not very likely. There's not a great track record of injury prone players miraculously regaining their durability.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think CJ will ever be as good as Djax. I think CJ has a heart problem.

Yes we are rebuilding in the Superbowl in 4 years way.