• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OC Targets: O’Brien, Jay Gruden

BIGH2001

2 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Glazer is still the best NFL reporter out there. He doesn't just put crap out unlike team PR mouthpiece CrapSheet & whatever Adam" I'll just tweet whatever agents tell me" Schefter. 

If Glazer says something - there's merit to it.

What was the last big story he broke then??

Last time I checked.. Jay has been more connected to mixed material arts then football..

Edited by WOW!!

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Agree with most of what is said but there are only so many nfl jobs and there are ambitions 

look at seam McDermott   He was made Andy Reid’s scapegoat in Philly  he is out of a job 

Rivera has the HC gig  coaching a Panthers team much like the one we have now 

Rivera takes a chance on Sean  the rest us history    Granted it could be said that Rivera is not the sketchy weasel Rhule is but the point remains 

Some  times assistant coaches take falls for the HC and turn it around in the second or third opportunity 

there are only so many openings in the NFL vs many with ambitions 

But I'm talking specifically about the types of candidates we seem to be seeking. Career NFL coaches with long resumes. Former NFL head coaches. Guys on first name basis with someone in virtually every NFL coaching tree. Why does someone like THAT sign up for this gig?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

You guys are never happy 

We could raise John Madden from the dead to be out OC and you would still be upset 

Funny you should mention it since I'm pretty sure we've been using the Madden play call suggestion feature in the video game as our OC since firing Brady.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Full Glazer audio transcribed: "Matt Rhule: I know its been put out there that he's safe - not so fast - Matt Rhule has to hire a rockstar offensive coordinator for him to actually save his job and he's been reaching out to some of those candidates this week."

That explains a lot

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

These sound like someone other than Matt Rhule's idea.

For O'Connell, this would be a lateral move since he's already an OC. He'd have to be out of contract or have permission. Either way going from the Rams to the Panthers with no advancement sounds weird.

Could they be being told it might turn into a head coaching job? Not by Rhule but yeah. That'd leave you with a staff full of Rhule loyalists though (not so sure that works).

That would be inticing except for one thing, the assistant coaches would most likely leave with Rhule which would put the interm coach in a bind. Their contract would have to make it difficult to just walk out with Rhule.

It's a damn mess and Tepper created all of this. 

BRING IN KEVIN COLBERT DAMMIT!!!

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His contract is up and it's already being widely reported that yes retiring from the Steelers following this year's draft. He's "only" 65. Tepper is 64. If Tepper wants him, now's the time to show up with a Brinks truck.

...and a promise of complete authority and autonomy.

It just makes no fuging sense from any perspective you look at it from.  Why would any of those guys come here and work for a lame duck coach, as others have said?  And not just any lame duck coach, but a control freak and egomaniac?  And why would you want to come coach THIS offense he built?  Ewww...

And why would Rhule want to hire an experienced NFL coach who he can't fully control or bully like he does his cult of peons that have depended on him to make a living for the last however many years?  Why would he want to hire a guy who actually knows how an experienced NFL coach and staff should operate, so when he's clearly in over his head - as he is - then they know too.

And for us fans...  if we know Rhule sucks and its just a matter of time before he is canned, especially if Glazer's report is true - why would we want a failed HC and uninspiring hire in guys like O'Brien or Gruden?  So, once Rhule is fired, they become the interim and then possibly the permanent HC so we're stuck in another cycle of dysfunction for however many years after Rhule?  And that's not even considering that Glazer's report calls O'Brien and Gruden "Rockstar OCs."  Ummm...  They are anything but...  so if this is Tepper's view, my God, we are in more trouble than we thought.

Tepper just seems to reveal himself as worse and worse as an owner with each passing week.

• Flames 3