• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rashawn Slater named 2nd team All-Pro at LT

SuperBowlBound

52 minutes ago, Icege said:

*sighs* I wanted this dude to be a Panther so bad...

We really could have had an OL this season with Slater-WhoGivesAfug-Humphrey-Smith-Moton 😭

But we got an injury prone WR who Rhule wants to reteach how to walk, and a long snapper who got IR'd in preseason because they didn't want to cut him out of embarrassment. Good investments

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

Some of you say that, and indeed it may have been true for some teams, but many teams obviously had an opposite opinion. Indeed, his tape was pretty stellar, and he handled pass rushers--including the premier pass rusher in Chase Young--like a grown man. Slater's body of work was simply great and more than justified a top pick for a team in need for an offensive lineman. That's just the fact of the matter.

Rashawn Slater's tape told a story, and guys like Matt Rhule were just too thickheaded to listen.

Which really sucks because to be successful at Temple youd think the coach has to be an outside the box thinker. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Which really sucks because to be successful at Temple youd think the coach has to be an outside the box thinker. 

You're absolutely right, and I don't know what to think about it. I'm probably going to have to sit down and reflect about the seeming disconnect.

Perhaps people are just right about Rhule's "success" in college being overblown. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

But we got an injury prone WR who Rhule wants to reteach how to walk, and a long snapper who got IR'd in preseason because they didn't want to cut him out of embarrassment. Good investments

Tb100, I was still OK with the TMJ pick until Brady was fired. The angle was that he'd be familiar with concepts and able to implement into the offense despite recovering from injuries. But now what?

Going back I'd gladly take Humphrey instead.

• Beer 1

Just now, Icege said:

Tb100, I was still OK with the TMJ pick until Brady was fired. The angle was that he'd be familiar with concepts and able to implement into the offense despite recovering from injuries. But now what?

Going back I'd gladly take Humphrey instead.

Yeah and with the Robby Anderson extension? Like TMJ should have been ready to be the number 2 beside DJ Moore next year. All these new contracts that no one will ever trade for lol. Sam/CMC/Shaq/Robby is like 1/3 of our cap unless they get funky w some numbers

Best thing that could happen to Slater is him NOT being picked by the panthers to be misused by the paint chip eating moron in charge.  Seriously, take a moment and realize that IF we had taken Slater (a 2nd team all pro LT as a rookie)...he would have been playing GUARD for us.  Legitimately let that sink in, that is just how poor of a talent evaluator Rhule is...